It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
(male)

Crazymotorbiker HB User
Jaw Popping When Eating.

Hey,
I've had this problem for about a week now. It started early one morning, about 1am when i woke with alot of pain in my face. Then the following day my jaw started popping when i eat. It dosent pop out of the socket, its more of a knocking noise as i eat.
When i yawn my jaw does not pop and it never locks out. I also have full range of movement.

The funny thing is when i apply a slight bit of pressure, and i mean very slight, the popping stops as long as i hold my finger there.

I've also being doing a few basic jaw excercises to try and alleviate the problem. So far no luck at all.

I have been stressed lately, and i mean very stressed. So i'm hoping its just a bit of teeth grinding and the popping noises will go away.

I've got a dentist appointment for monday and im praying he'll help me correct this problem. At the moment its making me very depressed and i'm feeling very worried. I dont want to hear popping everytime i eat!

Any info is gratefully recieved,
Shaun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
(female)

sunflower22 HB User
Re: Jaw Popping When Eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymotorbiker View Post
Hey,
I've had this problem for about a week now. It started early one morning, about 1am when i woke with alot of pain in my face. Then the following day my jaw started popping when i eat. It dosent pop out of the socket, its more of a knocking noise as i eat.
When i yawn my jaw does not pop and it never locks out. I also have full range of movement.

The funny thing is when i apply a slight bit of pressure, and i mean very slight, the popping stops as long as i hold my finger there.

I've also being doing a few basic jaw excercises to try and alleviate the problem. So far no luck at all.

I have been stressed lately, and i mean very stressed. So i'm hoping its just a bit of teeth grinding and the popping noises will go away.

I've got a dentist appointment for monday and im praying he'll help me correct this problem. At the moment its making me very depressed and i'm feeling very worried. I dont want to hear popping everytime i eat!

Any info is gratefully recieved,
Shaun.

You may be showing signs of TMJ. Once you get TMJ poping/clicking doesn't go away at times it can be very loud other things soft. Does like your jaw musels hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread