It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

muna2000 HB User
protruding jaw from bulimia

I have been bulimic for almost 15 years. I tried to stop many times but I get discouraged because my jaw is protruding and I have sever headache and ears pain so I feel this is the only way I can feel better, I don't know what to do, my face shape became square and I look much older with this protruding large jaw, most of the time I want to take a hammer and hit my face, this how the pain makes me feel, I know I should go to a TMJ doctor, but I would like to know before go and pay money for doctors, I want to know how this can be fixed, surgery? I already put this thing on my lower teeth to keep my upper and lower teeth apart at night to prevent the grinding at night. I am very depressed and tried to commit suicide many times (did not succeed obviously) because of my jaw. I am at age I feel I can beat the bulimia but the consequences from it is holding me back, gosh I want to scream, it is not just pain is very very uncomfortable, any one can help.

Last edited by muna2000; 02-01-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: protruding jaw from bulimia

Hi Muna, sounds like you are making your jaw everything. Jay Leno has seemed to make a life for himself. Have you ever considered therapy? Therapy taught me many things including how to get my thoughts in order and take control of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

muna2000 HB User
Re: protruding jaw from bulimia

Jaw protruding is from vomiting, and I have sever headache and pains in my ears because of it, it is not about to accept myself. Jaw protruding and teeth erosion is a normal result of bulimia, I just want to know to kind of a doctor should I go to?
Do you know someone had bulimia and had the teeth and the jaw fixed?
Thanks

Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
Re: the effects of bulimia

Muna 2000,

Ok, I have tmjd, and I am in pain daily. I have had it for over 7 years, off and on, and then in September, I had a horrible flair and the damage stayed and now I am in chronic pain daily from the jaw/tmjd issue. I am seeing an oral surgeon today. Thank goodness. I am praying that I get the help I need and ins will pay. Do you have health ins.? I think your first step should be to see your regular doctor or dentist to get a diagnosis, and maybe something to help the pain and a relaxant, flexerill or valium. Pain is horrible to deal with, especially day in and day out. You need to get help, and take some of the stress off of you. Good luck, and let me know how you are doing.

Closed Thread