It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Question Serious Girly issue with TMJ, Guys dont read

Hey there Girls ( hopefully guys arent reading because thats embarassing and will make them sick )

but this is embarassing to write about but i was wondering how many people's tmj affects there Menstrual Cycle?

Ever since i had Tmj i dont get mine for months .. im really beginning to worry ...has this happaned to other people...?

And i also read somewhere that that time of the month aggravtes tmj, is that true

Any responses appreciated ( sorry about the arkward topic) xx

Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Serious Girly issue with TMJ, Guys dont read

Well with that title I am sure every guy on the board read your post any way thinking (or hoping) it was about oral sex. - or lack of it!

I am not sure if this is due to my age or not but my period definitely was much lighter the first 3 years with the tmj and now I have skipped several months as well. I figured that the chronic pain must have triggered a change in chemical/hormonal production since the brain does respond to prolonged duress like that. Sometime other illnesses can also affect women this way as well. But I am also turning 50 this year and never had children so I could be going through a somewhat early menopause - to be honest I thought I started peri-meno in my late 30's and early 40's but my dr and my gyno said I was way too young for it then -but I did go through a period of weight gain for no reason, hot flahses and very irratic periods and then after about 3-4 years of that everything just went back to normal. I started with the tmj when I was 46.

I wouldn't be surprised that the time of the month would affect tmj - I don't know about you, but I used to have extreme bouts of PMS where I literally felt like I was on the edge and ready to rage out of control - so can you imagine what that does to someone if they are prone to clenching and ginding?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Cool A Yuckky girl issue

haha now noone will feel compelled to read this thread with my title

thanks so much for you're reply Thelma

Im booked into get a hormone test in a few weeks !

I just am nervous because i dont want to go through this new issue... but hopefully it will come back.. i mean tmj cant last forever ..... seriously thats why its called tempro.... temporary? ( fingers cross)...

I never had moodswings with my cycles just bad tummy pain but i have to take muscle relaxants supplements so i hope that will help that and ever since dealing with tmj pain .. period pain cant compare ( its a sad fact but true)...

Is your tmj aggravted by the weather? Its really rainy here so im thinking if i went outside my tmj will suffer...i hope you are feeling better Thelma- Louise.. thinking of you .. God Bless

Closed Thread