It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

inkedkitty805 HB User
does medi-cal cover tmj treatments?

does medi-cal cover tmj treatments?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
(female)

nynavey HB User
Re: does medi-cal cover tmj treatments?

Welcome to the board. I'm not familiar with medi-cal, so can't comment. Do you know if they have a website where you can look up their coverage? Some states require it, some don't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

CaydenJ HB User

They should depending on where you go. The university clinic that I went to told me that they only accepted that insurance and one other one. I thought it was strange but, hey, if that's their policy. The best way to know is find a practice, call up and ask.

BTW, I went to a craniofacial pain clinic so if that makes any difference.

Last edited by CaydenJ; 09-05-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

inkedkitty805 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynavey View Post
Welcome to the board. I'm not familiar with medi-cal, so can't comment. Do you know if they have a website where you can look up their coverage? Some states require it, some don't.
I know years ago medi-cal didn't cover any TMJ stuff, the dentist would just tell you to go out and buy a mouth guard that the football players use. I don't grind my teeth at night, I clench my jaw during the day or when I'm mad which is alot. Anyways I really appreciate you replying to me, I just start researching last night. Why I didn't earlier, got me, I've been in pain for way too long.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
(female)

inkedkitty805 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
They should depending on where you go. The university clinic that I went to told me that they only accepted that insurance and one other one. I thought it was strange but, hey, if that's their policy. The best way to know is find a practice, call up and ask.

BTW, I went to a craniofacial pain clinic so if that makes any difference.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm going to have to do is just start calling places, but first I'm going to call the medi-cal access number and see if they can tell me anything. I'm just sick and tired of the way I feel everyday, It used to be just one side, then it went to the other side, now it's both, one way worse than the other. When I wake-up in the morning my jaw is so tight, I hear all sorts of noises everytime I move my mouth. Can't fully bite down on one side. I'm on medicine for my moods and anger and the medicine is also used for migraine headaches, well I've started getting headaches and I'm not supposed to. What's weird is I read about neck and shoulders being in pain and I was suprised, My neck and shouldres always hurt, always! Anyways, enough rambling on, I could be hear for ever. Like I said in the other post I really appreciate you repling to me. Thank you!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User

Health funds can be REALY useless hey , im on the medibank cover and what i did to save money was i got rid of my hospitals extras as i dont go to hospital .. i might though if my earaches dont leave!!! Jokes .. well i hope not!!

But yeah they usually dont cover it , however with my chiro i can only claim a bit and with the dentist try claiming as much as you can with general dentist cover...

Im sorry im not much help but im also phased with how i can get coverage.. they seem to be taking WAY more then giving .. but i guess thats there plan...

So try claiming all you can with general dentists and go fot the extras so you can get higher limits then covering for hospital care...unless you need that for other illnesses of course.

Have a good talk with them face to face at there agency and make up a plan , tell them what you need and dont need! Good luck!

Much Love

Closed Thread