It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

susu2007 HB User
Vitamin D deficiency and TMJ symptoms

I found out today that I have vitamin D deficiency. I had myself tested for vitamin and mineral deficienies last week after giving up on doctors.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has Vitamin D deficiency and whether this may explain some of the symptoms associated with TMJ. Mine are fatigue, pressure in the head, stiff neck and shoulders muscles, headaches.

Thanks everyone,..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
(female)

susu2007 HB User
Re: Vitamin D deficiency and TMJ symptoms

I was wondering whether anyone have had their vitamin D levels tested and whether there is a link between vitamin D deficiency and some TMJ symptoms?

Thanks,..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by susu2007 View Post
I found out today that I have vitamin D deficiency. I had myself tested for vitamin and mineral deficienies last week after giving up on doctors.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has Vitamin D deficiency and whether this may explain some of the symptoms associated with TMJ. Mine are fatigue, pressure in the head, stiff neck and shoulders muscles, headaches.

Thanks everyone,..
Please come to the Brain and Nervous System disorders section of Health Boards.. I have a couple threads dealing with head pressure there. I don't know about Vitamin D deficiency but I'm looking at that, along with B12 deficiency...

We might be able to figure something out.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
(female)

kkl HB User

I had a Vitamin D deficiency as well. Unfortunately, even after my levels went back to normal range my TMJ symptoms did not improve.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
(female)

susu2007 HB User

Hi kkl,

I was wondering whether you had fatigue and whether that improved at all after your vitmain D levels went up? How long did it take to improve your vitamin D levels? Were you on any particular supplements and how many units were you taking every day?

Thanks a lot for bearing with me,..

Closed Thread