It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Beauty out the window! Anyone else have major facial hollowness?

Good Luck - let us know how it goes and what you think of them - I hope they turn out as good as they sound or seem to be.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #17
(female)

CaydenJ HB User

I can definately relate to this. Mine started when my ortho put an elastic band on one side of my jaw for several months then 2 elastics on my 4 front teeth for a couple of months too long. Then one night, I felt something shift inside my throat/neck/inside my lower jaw region (on the left side) and felt the muscles on the left side of my face pull. That night I looked in the mirror and my face changed like how you described but also assymetric and swollen all at the same time. My skin looked very saggy and my face flat and my body made me look like I gained weight but once I jumped on the scale I had actually lost weight.

I lost all definition on my face and body and my arms and legs looked significantly shorter. I naturally have very long arms (longest of the women in my family - and tallest too) and when I compared it... it was the same length as theirs. When I look in the mirror I can see that my left shoulder is a lot lower than my right.

Facially I have visible bags under my eyes that are lower and off center and shifted to the right, no fat on my nose and seems my nasal septum is deviated to the right as well.

Might I add though that during the earlier stages it was A LOT WORSE! Now, my face is bearable whereas before I tried avoiding the mirror at all cost.

It's now obvious to me that I have a misalligned vertebra. Good luck with treatment.

Last edited by CaydenJ; 11-20-2008 at 03:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
(female)

Merricat HB User

Bryan - I live in NH and am considering a trip to Tufts because of my TMD. Unfortunately, my insurance will not cover anything - the initial visit or treatments. Do you mind me me asking who you have insurance with? It would be worth buying additional insurance, if possible, in order to get some coverage for these visits.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 AM   #19
(male)

Bryan84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post
Bryan - I live in NH and am considering a trip to Tufts because of my TMD. Unfortunately, my insurance will not cover anything - the initial visit or treatments. Do you mind me me asking who you have insurance with? It would be worth buying additional insurance, if possible, in order to get some coverage for these visits.
Merricat,

I currently have insurance with Blue Cross MA, and they cover most of the treatment. The only thing I have to pay for out-of-pocket are a percentage of the appliances (I think so far $325 total). I HIGHLY suggest you get insurance for this, because visits get extremely expensive, but Tufts has definitely been the most expert in this condition in my opinion. I'm sure you have done your research, but I would consider at least getting a consultation with a doctor at Tufts. I still continue my treatment there and have been for about a year now so maybe I will run into you some day. Good luck!

Best,

Bryan

Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #20
(female)

Merricat HB User

Bryan,
Thank you for the information! Unfortunately, BCBS is not offered in NH, just their Anthem plans. I will have to call them and see what they will cover. I have my first appointment at Tufts next week and am just hoping they will be able to give me some answers and an estimate of the total cost of my treatment plan, then I will take it from there based upon what I can afford. Thank you again for the help! Best,
Merricat

Old 06-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #21
(female)

inkypoo HB User

hi, yes I have my whole left side sags and it is hard to swallow

Closed Thread