It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
(male)

paul77 HB User
uergent tmj problem ugent please everyone i need your suport and avise

TMJ PROBLEM URGENT PLEASE RESPOND?
ive had tmj for a number of years i got a slplint called splinteck which got rid of all the pain i then had braces to sort out my crooked teeth at the end of the braces i noticed i was grinding my teeth again i noticed my jaw felt stiff i put the splint in to see if it would and all the pain came back ii put heat on it and tried to streched it a little then i got all this intese pressure in my ears and felt some of the joint breaking off my jaw felt loose and am getting this splittting feeling in the joint it really painful my eyes start to bulge like its coming uout of its socket all i see is blacknes im scared something very bad is going to hapin like it might kill me i had a fit the docter dont belive me because a maxicfacial person gave me an xray of the teeth and sad there was nothing abnormal with my jaw they should of took an mri i asked her but she refused dont what what to doim getting no help for it pl please help i cant sleep with out the fear of my jiouints detoriayting those dentist have really mest me up if i try to stop the buging my jaw feels like its going to crack of its really uncofible pleadse3 help im so stressed

Last edited by paul77; 12-15-2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: someone please help im scared

Old 12-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Exclamation Re: uergent tmj problem ugent please everyone i need your suport and avise

Oh gosh! hey there! I have VERY little internet access however i would of replied in a heartbeat!

Your story breaks my heart honey but the good news is that you had success with the splint so we know you can become 100 % again!

First advice is say bye bye to that horrible doctor who refuses to give you an MRI now!!!! go to the emergency in your hospital if you have to but you MUST get this MRI!!!

I seriously would go to emergency and they can immediately see you, thats what i did and it was only there i was diagnosed with the correct disorder of tmj!

Hang in there honey! i promise you this will improve , you just need your mri's!!! Please let your doctor know how disappointed you are in her negligent calculus and she has to know how selfish her decision was .. shes not suffering... some doctors are evil like that ! AN MRI is urgent here! everyone is here for you!

how are you feeling now... you need oto get the MRI , more scans and a good dentist in that region! please advise me how your diagnosis is!!!!

Thinking of you honey and praying! You'll make it , never give up ! have hope!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 AM   #3
(male)

paul77 HB User
Re: uergent tmj problem ugent please everyone i need your suport and avise

thanks for your replay temera im really depressed andand losing hope i cant get any where with these docters and dentists they dont know any thing about it im really fustrated if they only told me tio use moiest heat and give me musel relexants im its eary stages it might of went they just gave me some painkillers and let it get worse i really feel like complaing about them my sister said she would covince the docter to get me an mri scan but i had an agument with her boyfriend he was kinda of being rude the next day my sister came over to my house and i heard here talking to my dad all of a sudden she was saying i was making up all this pain for atention i couldnt belive she used to be always there fore me her boyfriend isnt a very nice person and hes changed her it broke my heart my dad and youger sister is geting really fed up with me crying all the time and keeping him awake at night and my dad called me a mirisble git theyve compleatley turned there baack on me somtime i bet theyy i was dead to give them some piece im so lost and those braces have complely ruined my jaw i never thought the pauin would come back if any thing i thought the braces would make my tmj even better but know it wasnt worth a perfect smile just be suffering again tthe medical comunity has really let us down no studies or anything has been done on tmj weve been neglected weve suffered enough but i herd that some scientist are starting to take tmj more serrouly and starting to relise how painful it is are doing a an ivestigation in it so there is some hope but i think its to late fore me intill stem cell have made progress in the futer have made progress to rebuiled tmjs im just very hurt and quite exausted and emotional at the moment sorry forry for the long post it was was nice to here your suport i really apreciate it

Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: uergent tmj problem ugent please everyone i need your suport and avise

I have had periods too where all I did was argue with everyone in the family about my problem - its was in my mind, nothing could be as painful as I was making it out to be, I wasn't doing enough to help myself, I couldn't have all the symptoms that I claimed to have. I lost 35 lbs in 4 months - couldn't eat, had no appeitite, was nauseous and dizzy and it was hard to swallow anyhting, etc - so then they started saying I was anorexic and that was the real problem. I ahve had some really mean things said to me or about me within the family and although it is quite hurtful - I have to keep reminding myself that they can not possibly understand what this feels like - and that I hope they never do either - I wouldn't wish this on my own worst enemy - it can be that brutal.

Do not give up - start searching for other drs. It sounds like you have a displaced disc based on your feeling that your jaw is going to pop and the intense pressure you are feeling. Try and get a dr to do an MRI. No you will not die (I thought I was going to either have a stroke or be paralyzed some days), although I think many of us often wish we would - but that is the pain and fear talking and when in that much agony we just want relief anyway we can get it.

Closed Thread