It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

tmj is life altering...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
paul77
(male)

paul77 HB User
tmj is life altering...

my tmj started 5 years ago but i bought a splint which helped and considered my self cured but had braces and it all came back woreser than before the spasams were so strong its hard to decribe but iit felt like when i open my jaw it would only open an inch and felt like my jaw wantewd to close like 1 socondit would close than stop aNOTHER SECOND IT would close even more and it would go on like that intill my teeth met i coulnd stand the pain and put heat on one side of my face and try to strech it i think i streched it to far cause i felt this sharp slicing pain like a knife was slicing through the joint i dont get it the worst i read that could happen is your jaw could get stuck open from streching it to far i dindnt feel no pain entill i took the heat of im having some really bizzere symtoms like my eyes are bulging and went to shoot out of my head my jaw now feels loose my jaw joints feel like there melting i get snow blindness red pusy eyes my vision weven went funny all i could see was coluer things sometimes look like there boncing and spin im scared if all the joints breack off my face is going to look disfurged im sick to my stomech with worry the docters said it wont but i think i know whats going on with my jaw better than any docter im so fed up im bed riddan they wont even do a tommogram cat scan or mri im so angry at them and your dents for doing this when the pain came back i went crying to my dentist saiyng i wont the braces off my jaw joints are breaking down and he said he be the juge of that i had to beg him just to take them off i feel so frusted why is there no reserch down on this why isnt the only health problem next to fibro thats been neglected by science and atetion i cant cope ive tried to end my life twice i hate my life im so depressed its debilitating its hard to even walk with the slicing problem someoen please help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: tmj life alterin

I understand how you feel and can relate to it - many of us can - at some point you resign yourself to living in severe pain and agnoy and give in to it as you just don't have the strength to live with it any more. Suicide is NOT the answer - that is just your tired mind and body asking for help.

So make this the year that you pull yourself together - muster up every ounce of reserve you have left - and start searching for someone - drs and therapists - to help you. Check out some of the other posts in this forum as many contain info you will find useful in your search.

At the very least try and find a pain gmt clinic at a hospital or university - until you find the right drs to help correct your tmj and bite issues - there are many meds avaialble that can help you deal with the crhonic pain and the anxiety, depression and desperation that often results from it.

There are many of us here that know what you are dealing with and are going through and are here to offer support and encouragement and we are all rooting for you and hoping we can help - but you have to not give up and start literally fighting to get your life back.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
luvtocamp
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: tmj life alterin

TL is right, go to your family doctor and get some medication to get you through this hard time, some muscle relaxers will help, and maybe something for anxiety. So when did you get your braces removed? Are you wearing a splint now?

We all can relate to how you feel, not following your posts I don't know your whole situation.

Make sure you get sleep at night. I haven't really been able to socialize for 3 years so I know how this can be- it is surely life changing, but I also know there is an answer out there.

Your right, this tmj needs to come out in the open more, I think a lot of it is caused by dentist that don't know what they are doing.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
abond0073
(male)

abond0073 HB User
Re: tmj is life altering...

hi

I knwo in the controversy of all this, its hard to knwo what to do.

paul 77, its hard to know what to do, i nearly gave up but then I heard....
The NIH have started researching - the answer will soon be coming
i spoke to TMj association, and I understand that reserach has started to find genes repsonsible for facial pain - and this would be a massive massive development if it translated into drugtherapy.

i had craniosacral therapy the other day and it was a big relief - im subcribing slowly to the theory that TMj is not a bite problem, disc problem etc, but a PAIN problem

keep strong

Closed Thread