It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board

Appliance Fitting

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Appliance Fitting

LTC - I like older dentists - to me they seem to know more - they have the old school training and are more inclined to do things slowly. The younger ones in my opinion are so caught up in the high tech side of dentistry they forget its people mouths they are dealing with - like no regard to how it feels but more towards looks or appearances - they seem more concerned with how many people they see each day - quantity not quality. I would like to know what an older dentist thinks of the new or younger ones these days. I wish my childhood dentist was alive - I would certainly have given him a call when this started but I probably would not be in this situation had he been alive b/c I doubt he would have allowed something like this to happen. I mean I know a lot can be said in terms of advances they have made in denistry - but what good is it if the dentists aren't highly trained.

Stillhope -I like the "are you married or happy question". I know I shouldn't close my mouth since it feels better open but remember I have no front teeth so when I am out or walking my dog with my neighbor I try not to keep it open too much - I still get self-conscious about it. Plus b/c I do tend to keep it open as much as possible - i get dry mouth a lot and my throat feels hoarse often too.

I think LTC you will probably find what I found, with every chiro adjustment my hips would eventually get impacted - my chiro described it as a corkscrew - basically as you push the "torque" out of the body its going to move and move usually downward until a piece is unwound and gone and then you start over and do it again and eventually there is no "torque" left. Now I notice he has not had to adjust my hips in 3 visits and my bed is starting to feel comfy again - not like I am laying on rocks and I don't need to put something soft and cushy beneath my hips and butt anymore.

Well I a ran a few errands and that was it for today - despite being up early - I think I over did it yesterday as my hands and feet are pretty sore.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-05-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
luvtocamp
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
re: Appliance Fitting

I was posting on the last thread as you wrote, you right time for a new thread.

TL- I hope your splints are in flight, because I feel for you going without front teeth, at least i have the denture, and I don't even like to sit and talk
to my husband without the upper in.

I get embarrassed when a new dentist takes my teeth out even , even tho I know they have seen this stuff every day.

Yes I put heat on my knee and it feels alittle better, but it does seem like the muscle pain just travels hey. I hope this chiro can fix my pelvis. Sure sounds like your body is really getting better, I remember all the different pains you've had.

I have thought of several times waiting outside my dentist office and talk to people as they leave, I mean all we have to go on is nothing really, of how many people they really help, you know. Its like blind faith.

I didn't do much today, alittle paperwork is all. PS: Probably your old dentist would of never got you in this fickle, I hate to go to a dentist that is too old tho that they may retire on you, but like one with between 10-15 year exp and not someone brand new. I read that dentist really don't learn much about bite adjustment in dental school.

I remember when I was a new nurse, boy I had a lot to learn!!! Schooling never really prepares you for real life situations. We had clinicals but working in the real world was a eye opener and totally different when you didn't have your instructor to run to. I think most new dentist work in an office with an older dentist, do they have internships like doctors do and how long? I wonder.

Last edited by luvtocamp; 01-28-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
StillHope
(female)

StillHope HB User

We are so synchronized by now: I just was thinking today that it was time for a new thread!

LTC, the chiro is married, it was his dad's joke.
My splint will be only in 2-3 weeks; next week will be the last thing with the previous dentist: simply a nightguard, not a splint, he won't even adjust it: "if it won't fit, just throw it in the garbage", he said. Yes, I am excited and nervous (not fully yet!) about the splint. I want so much for it to work but I can't tell this to my muscles, they are on their own.

Yes, I heard too that the pain is often on the opposite side of the problem area, but what TL described is different. This was one side with comfort so it should not have been adjusted or even touched at all for sure!
Yah, I agree we all want action not the sweet talks from dentists!

I think waiting outside and talking to patients is useless, as you will only hear good stories. If it was not successful that patient likely had left or does not know for now why he is having problems, it might appear much later as was in my case. I was telling how good that dentist was... having no idea that he set up a great base to ruin my jaw, teeth and bite!

TL, I forgot which teeth you have uncovered? Do your no upper fronts show easily when you keep your mouth open? Unfortunately, mine do even at a very slight smile. What I have now is not much better than no temps - they look clearly artificial, yellow and ugly, and skew my mouth and face a lot (and I can't wear them anyway).
Can you speak w/o the fronts? It's tough for me to do so, it hurts everywhere.

Me too, I have dry mouth and throat from not being able to close my mouth especially when I sleep. I used to breathe through my nose until the day that my fronts were crowned. I was actually kidding when suggesting not to close the mouth at all! Surely, we can't and should not be doing this: it's not a solution. I just try to joke instead of crying.

Me too, I hope so much that you will get your splints soon and they will help!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
luvtocamp
Senior Veteran
(female)

What is central occlusion, they were putting my jaw in it yesterday? The reason I ask is I have more ear pain on the right since yesterday. Also can you joint sit too low.
Stillhope you said ear pain is from the jaw being too far forward, it it from being too far back too?

I

Last edited by luvtocamp; 01-28-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi - Stillhope I have 3 teeth on each upper and lower side exposed and 2 upper canines - one has a post in it and the other is just about ground down to the gum at this point - and no u/l front teeth, 4 missing on top and 6 missing on the bottom. Yeah it shows so I try to not open my mouth wide and only grin but I know it shows. When speaking I tend to purse my front lips together so my cheeks and upper lips get tired or fatigued quite a bit and sometimes enunciating clearly is difficult. What seems to bother me a lot lately is my side teeth feel like they went from this direction " | " to this "--" direction in terms of how they now appear on my gums - does that make sense? - its one of the reasons I keep getting this sensation that my teeth are facing the wrong way. Is that b/c my front teeth are not there and my lips are "compressed inward" or just a result of how they got filed?

Actually LTC - sometime I am so glad I do not have a significant other - I would hate to have them put up with this or have to be around them w/o teeth. When I first started going w/o them I was pretty embarrased but then I realized I needed to b/c it had become just so unbearable. I remember the first day I saw my younger sister and her husband w/o them and I mentioned all of this to them, and my BIL pulled out his upper front partial and grinned broadly and said "do you feel better now" and i said yes, misery loves company" and we had a good laugh over it. Humor does help - if we don't laugh a bit we will end up crying all the time.

I too was told the problem is on the opposite side of the actual pain - the same is true for muscle testing as well - the teeth/bite often correspond with or affect the muscles on the opp side of the body. But you are right this is not the same as adjusting a good side to try and correct the bad side - the problem really was he needed to add to or change the occlussion or maybe the position of the teeth on the left side and leave the right side alone - why adjust something that has become asymptomatic - that must mean it is "correct" or almost correct. I hate it when you state the obvious (or what seems to be the obvious to me) to a dentist and then get this blank stare like "oh, that makes sense, I didn't think of that". Unless that blank stare is actually them saying to themself " I have no clue what she is talking about".

So it looks like me and Stillhope are in a waiting mode for splints and LTC - what are you going to do now? - did you make another appt with the father/son dentists for the relining of your old dentures. Oh, you remeinded me that I need to call Medicare again and see if they got the info they needed from the chiro - they haven't covered any of my visists from 2008 as they said they did not cover maintenance adjustments - which is diff then what your chiro told you.

I think central occlusion is that you bite toward the central molars and towards the center of your mouth - am I right Stillhope? I think that is what I had before all this and I think that is why I feel like I am missing my middle molars or that they are the teeth that were filed the most.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
StillHope
(female)

StillHope HB User

By CO they usually call the position in which the teeth have the maximum contact. Another position -- CR, centric relation, is the position on the teeth in which the jaw condyle is sitting in its highest position against the opposite bone (with the disk in between). For CR they usually do this "push to the back" which most of them do wrongfully!! How could they put you in CO? What did they do to you when saying this?

Yes, NM dentists believe that the jaw should be more forward. If your ears hurt like there are metal rods in them, i.e. kind of sharp pain I'd say that the jaw is too forward on that side (from my long experience). If the ear pain is more like its clogged it can be from biting too hard on that side, maybe even from biting when the teeth are too high (too long).

You can probably check if your jaw is more forward just by checking how much space is now from inside to your fronts. You said before that the fronts were too bulky and too much forward. Do they seem to be closer now? I am pretty sure that your jaw is more forward now based on what you describe.
What did they say about the jaw sitting "too low"? Is that what they wanted or did not want?

I would give them more try b/c they seem to be willing to listen to you and to care about you. I'd tell them that your ear was hurting after that and if you believe that the jaw was too forward, tell them this as well!
What is good about them is that his dad is also around and he should know more than modern NM dentists do (just as TL said) who might be into over-trusting technology and computers.
When are you going to see them again?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
StillHope
(female)

StillHope HB User

TL, I am not sure what you mean:
[What seems to bother me a lot lately is my side teeth feel like they went from this direction " | " to this "--" direction in terms of how they now appear on my gums - does that make sense? - its one of the reasons I keep getting this sensation that my teeth are facing the wrong way.]
I know you mentioned it before. Is the vertical direction how the stubs were reaching towards the gums? And now they "fell down" and are not as vertical? Is this it? Or you are comparing the way your teeth were with the actual stubs now?

[ Is that b/c my front teeth are not there and my lips are "compressed inward" or just a result of how they got filed?]. The way the teeth are filed does not change, of course; and it surely can be wrong, i.e. done not along the direction of the root, as it should be. I have such preps too; hope they will be redone before the finals.
If what you are talking about is just a visual effect it can surely be b/c you have no fronts.

So you both didn't specially like the guillotine joke? I laughed for three days after that question!! Still laugh whenever I recall it. I think it was really funny that dentists try on us all they can think of and we are still hanging on there, still alive, with more and more pain and damage but alive! A guillotine should really help them get rid of us, of course, after we pay them in advance, as usually happens.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
luvtocamp
Senior Veteran
(female)

You know I think my jaw has moved a bit forward, now that you mention that, not a lot but is move forward and I keep pulling it back.

I think when your bite is off , you keep on trying to find it, I seem to always be moving my bite around to find the comfort area and when I go to swallow, my bite always seems different ya know when you touch your teeth together.

I don't like that when they shove your jaw back either and I even had one dentist say the jaw should be back and theres nothing back there but bone - which I think there are nerves and blood vessels back there, - and thats why I thought I'd go in and have him check my bite to see how he did it, but he never did check my bite.

When the prostho made my teeth he shoved my jaw back.
wow your so right, when I feel heavy on the R. side my ear feels clogged like congested,

I checked the net and there is so much controversey- even dentist in school don't learn much about occlusion.

I think the condyle is suppose to be centrally or a bit forward of central in the fossa, but not back jamed against the ear, and when they push your jaw back and up I don't think that is right.

Well I guess I don't have to much too loose having them reline what I have and I'll be able to tell more how they go about it, as I know I don't want a tight bite where I'm hitting the backs of my front teeth and that.

I have also read on the net that occlusion has little to do with tmj, but I think we are very sensitive to our bites now.

that is taking a long time for your splint, mine have always taken a week, maybe the nightguard will help tho, hopefully hey.

Boy its way pass my bedtime.

Last edited by luvtocamp; 01-28-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

LTC - I had such a sense of deja vu with your post on going for the reline at 8 am - have you done this before, like a couple yrs ago? Boy - you were up late - you will probably sleep in today.

I am going to have a rough day - I know as soon as I wake up how its going to be by how my body feels - plus as soon as I stand up I feel my face and head bones shift and then get a bit nauseous - do either of you get this in the morning? It makes my skin crawl - its such an unnatural feeling. I was hoping for more sleep today b/c I got up early yesterday but I was up quite a bit last night - so even though I got up around 10am today I feel like I didn't sleep so I am tired. I must have disturbed the dogs a lot too b/c they are still sleeping!!!

Stillhope - its just hard to explain how my teeth are - it could be they are filed against the root or it could be the horizontal plane of the teeth is just so way off that it feels like that. Did you ever see a comedy skit where a woman in a very long tight narrow dress tries to sit down and can't b/c the dress won't let her - so she tires one position and can't sit, and then another, etc - that's how I feel with my jaw - I can't get one side down without the other side feeling like it can't come down - and then I move my jaw and tongue differently and I can get the other side to come down but the other side pops up.

Sorry I overlooked your guillitine comment - I have often felt the same way though - take my head off somehow and I would be fine.

LTC - I am not sure if I agree that occlsuion has little to do with tmj - have you ever 'slid" off your teeth - it can be quite painful and result in the jaw being pushed out of alignment. I think occlusion comes in to play mainly in the resting position. Maybe what some sites mean is that a few teeth out of occlusion won't upset the apple cart - like from filings or a few crowns, etc - but when there is absolutely no occlsuion - what stops your upper and lower teeth and jaws from gliding around each like they were on ice skates? Unless its the slope of the planes that do that.

Oh man - I am just so uncomfortable today in my own skin - its days like this that I get so disillusioned - I had some really good days there this week and was able to do more than normal - and actually felt a bit upbeat.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
StillHope
(female)

StillHope HB User

LTC, I assume they didn't cause any pain when they moved your jaw up and down, neither they pushed it to the back. I am sure you'd mention it here if it would be painful. This is exactly the CR position (they could have said smth. about CO as well) and they did it the right way. The fact that your jaw moved forward after that does not mean anything! Just that your fronts are not in place-- too far out. I'd really hold on to these guys for now!
Don't worry about your jaw being not let forward enough, just tell them if you will have it this way. From their competence as it looks to me they will adjust it easily: it's just a matter of giving your jaw a proper incline on the inside of the fronts to have enough freedom to move!

You are doing the right thing for now: pull the jaw away from the fronts so that the ear pain stops. The fact that when you swallow and bite it feels differently only confirms that your bite is off which we all know anyway. Forget about the prostho and others who did NOT succeed, there are way too many incompetent dentists, let them say what they want about the jaw and bites. As TL says, they often give you a blank look thinking "what is she talking about?" -- it's just their level.

These new guys really seem to know what they are doing! I am wishing it to work for you!!

TL, [I feel my face and head bones shift and then get a bit nauseous - do either of you get this in the morning? ] Yes, I do feel this way at times. I feel that this is when my head "slips off its socket". Do you feel that the back of the neck tightened right away too? And the lower back contracted and became "shorter"? This is when nauseousness, mind fuzziness and other stuff come in for me. The reason it happens easily in the morning is b/c we are not enough alert yet to control the muscles and then the teeth, bad or no bite lead.

When you say: [I can't get one side down without the other side feeling like it can't come down - and then I move my jaw and tongue differently and I can get the other side to come down but the other side pops up.] what teeth are you biting on at this point? In fact, what are you biting on when you eat (soft food or anything)? Do you place your front partials when you eat? Or never at all? I wish I could see your models.
When you say the side pops up do you mean the muscles pull the lower jaw up (and sideways)? You don't have popping and clicking of the jaw, right?

I was telling dentists about the skating on ice feeling but so far always got that blank look. Now I know that it happens when the contacting part is too rounded, like a ball in a bowl, instead of being like a wedge (of an ice-scraper).

I'm so off today , will just start the few things I need to do. Being an early bird (until the tmj started) I feel like the day is almost over by now!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
luvtocamp
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh TL- yes after I'm up abit, and start moving, I just torque, I don't get the nausea thank goodness.

Oh I feel bad that you feel bad , I am at the point where I need two muscle relaxers a day now, so I know how it feels, but at least I have my brother to do my housework, I think the cleaning was too much for you and did you in.

Ya know its just hard not to feel discouraged, isn't it.

I sometimes feel I'm ruined for life,, with the one dentist moving jaw back and maybe changed my bone structure on the bottom jaw and that one osteo who pushed so hard on my sacrum and caused my coccyx pain 1.5 years ago that I still have, and such my fear of chiros, but she was a wacko.

Oh yeah I know our bites are messed up now, and I guess what I meant about the occlusion not causing tmj, I meant as long as we weren't so messed up by people who worked on us. I mean even our head bones got messed up which most people don't have to deal with.

I see that new dentist is on the peer review committie for our area so maybe he can get me a refund, he said he'd have no problem calling him.

I like your analogy about the tight shirt, I kinda understand that , I go from side to side, back and forth, but my teeth on top are flat , but I understand what you are saying. What is moving tho, our palates, temporal bones, neck and our pelvis I suspect, works it way right on down.

I hope your feeling a bit better, my brother has been here the last few hours and I couldn't wait for him to leave so I could just quit talking and rest.

I just don't know how your can drive to your brothers and babysit, not knowing from one day to the next how you'll be feeling.

I hope you got a nap in.

Last edited by luvtocamp; 01-28-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

I forced myself to finish the appt today - the other 2 rooms weren't as bad as the one I worked on earlier this week. So other than a few odds and ends it is done. Hopefull my BIL will come over tomorrow and fix a few things I can't do - tried - but I am not good with cetain things - he'll probably get them done in 15 mins. I still have my xmas decor up - guess I will try and get that done tomorrow. Once i was able to get my jaw back to where it needs to be - down and hanging open - I felt better and the nausea eased up a bit. I think tomorrow I will go to the store and buy a night guard and start playing with that while I am waiting for my splints.

Yes Stillhope - my head does feel like it comes off its socket and when it does I get the head and face tilt thing going on and straightening them so they look correctly postioned seems to only induce more pressure on my face and head - you would think it would relieve the pain but it makes it worse.

I don't have partials - I had implants that bridges were attached to but had the implants removed in 2006 so everything that dentists have been doing since then have required a one piece upper and lower horsehoe bridge or over dentures that are basically dentures that fit over my stubs and fill in the gaps of missing teeth - but the backs are designed like splints. Amazingly I chew by using my tongue to push the food against my stubs. Only 2 teeth touch - the last tooth on the u/l right side but to do so I have to have to push my lower jaw up in the back - maybe that is the problem - my teeth on the left side don't come close to touching and the last upper and lower back teeth on the right can touch - but not evenly - one point from the upper can reach one point from the lower - I can't believe that dentist didn't even file them evenly or uniformly. It feels like I can't let my uppper jaw - especially on the left side - go down as low as it can since the teeth are so short - to do so feels like something, a bone or ligament, something prevents it from going that low and that's when I will get a spasm that will pull my palate up and even a bit over to the other side. Yet at the same time while that is happening on my left side, the u/l last back tooth on the right side are pushing against each other on 2 points.

I only get occassional popping on the right side when my left side is in a chewing motion - but not all the time and I never had any clicking. But my 2nd dentist did horshooe bridges and I developed this grinding noise and jaw jerking on the right side. Personally I think he had my jaw pushed too far left - which is another thing I don't understand - but I guess it has something to do with how they position the teeth and whether there is more acryllic bulk on the outer sides of the teeth or inner sides. The grinding though still happens occasionally but usually when I am laying down - do you think its from the chin or front teeth area being pushed too far up since there are no teeth there?.

I agree LTC - I would give these guys a try - it seems to me between the both of them you have a better chance than with your current dentist. Remember how he took forever to even want to try a new denture - it took months and months and now to get them and they have made things worse, it has to give you cause for concern at this point. That is how I am right now - one more shot with my dentist and then I will need to try something else - he is going to want to remove my upper teeth if these splints don't work- he already hinted at it and while this may make it easier for him - it worries me b/c it is so permanent. How do I know that another dentist won't be able to get it right and still keep my teeth as well?

I am so hoping my bros SIL will offer to do the full week of sitting - afterall she even lives near them - about 40mins away - plus her father lives with her and can help out - even though he's in his 80's - he still drives and is pretty active. Who knows - I may have my teeth by then and may be too discombobulated again and will have to back out anyway. I just wished he never asked me and put me in this situation.

Last edited by Thelma-Louise; 01-23-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
StillHope
(female)

StillHope HB User

TL, I drew a scheme of your "teeth" and I think I can see it now.
The symptoms you describe are like I have but just in a mirror, your left is my right. The only symptom that I "lost" after the last molar crown removal is that pull up which you do when you try for the two points on your back right side to touch. On the other hand I have a harder time now to place my jaw to the back, it tends to fall forward and my fronts become "too close" while before they were too far forward. I am so lost now, lost the last signs of my former comfortable bite.

And I do have the same inability of my jaw to close down to the contacts on my right (your left) side. If I try it, the jaw swings over to the other side. Sometimes it even "stays" there for few days. I thought that this was really smth. unique since I am so weird in my bite! Amazing! And my right jaw is healthier, as they say. What I feel about this is that on my right (your left) side there is really a very certain VDO which has to be present.
Also I can't sleep on this side at all since if the jaw falls out to the right, I am in pain, choking, and other "fun".

[Personally I think he had my jaw pushed too far left - which is another thing I don't understand ...] I think I can relate to this too! I think this is just the same issue of leveling the plane. The jaw falls further out to the lower side (on the lower plane) and this is why it does not stop within the arches. If it falls out too much on the healthy side it pulls out too much the UNHEALTHY side which does not like it, so it pulls it back and keeps it there.

[The grinding though still happens occasionally but usually when I am laying down - do you think its from the chin or front teeth area being pushed too far up since there are no teeth there?]
This I am not sure. I have some sounds in the jaw too, sometimes just the feeling that the bones prevent each other to move (it's painful) as if the condyle is forced to move across the "rails".
Laying down on your back or on your side? I'd think that if you are on the side the grinding can be b/c there are no teeth to stop the jaw from going too far to the side. Normally the jaw has to be within the canine guidance which causes the neuro-response to relax once the canines touch. I try to block my jaw by pillows.
Actually if there are no front teeth the jaw does not always go forward as easy as it happens with the wrong contacts on the inner inclines of the upper fronts. This is why I can't wear my fronts, they pull the jaw forward when I sleep but w/o them the jaw goes more up and down, and not front and back.

I hope too that you won't need to go to your bros. This trip can be so exhausting for you to say the least, and so unpredictable.
Well, I am so tired by now…

Old 01-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #14
luvtocamp
Senior Veteran
(female)

TL- What week is that in Feb, I mean Feb is almost here. I know how you feel, obligated and wanting to help your brother out , and I'm sure if you were feeling well you'd have no problem doing the whole week. My SIL kept asking when were coming up and I finally made it clear to her how I feel and not till I'm feeling better, she doesn't ask anymore.

Its sure not like we don't want to feel better, if your like me I hate asking for rides or help, and I would like to be more helpful to others- I should be going over to my next door neighbors who is 84 and helping her out and visiting- its hard not to feel quilty about it, but when you can't do something you can't do it.

Boy its good you have your BIL- he sounds like a nice guy.

I know what you mean if your splints come in and they are not right this time, it means the acculiner is not the answer, and probably the pulling of your upper teeth arent' either, it may just mean your dentist wouldn't know what else to do at that point and it may make it easier for him. I know you like your dentist and he sounds caring, but really it has been the chiro that has made you better at this point.

I

hope you splints come soon, so you can know, the waiting is the hard part, and it would be wonderful if they work and you can feel more confident in what your dentist is doing and not have to go searching for a new one.

now I don't know how many tmj patients this new dentist has had, but he did take several course at LVI, but in my opinion they probably won't try all the crazy things I've had done in the past, and he does understand that the whole body is affected and not just the mouth.

I wish that one girl would call but hasn't. I'm curious to hear her story with my dentist as she is seeing him too, I hope she didn't loose my no.

Last edited by luvtocamp; 01-28-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #15
Thelma-Louise
Senior Veteran
(female)

Stillhope - while its encouraging we seem to have the same things going on - everything you mention in terms of symptoms and what is happening to you I can so relate to - at least I know I am not alone or crazy - it frustrates me that we seem to understand and know what our mouths need but can not convey this to dentists. I so agree about the "certain" VOD on the left side - that and the canine guidance issue - as that is what was the first things that I had issue with before my meltdown. The prostho I went to broke my left central upper molar (the repair was too low and I told him so) and then he changed the left upper canine crown and it started to hurt immediately - felt twisted - so its guidance ability must have been changed - another thing he gave me a weird look on when I told him it was "pointing" in the wrong direction.

LTC - I think my bro told me its Feb 11 -18 - 7 days. I am pretty certain my splints will be in before then. Yeah - at this point the chiro (actually all the chiros I have seen) have been the only ones to have made difference so far - if anyhting - the dentists have made it worse. But I need teeth - so I am "stuck ". That new dr in my town is an LVI dentist - so I was going to give him a try next if this doesn't work.

Do either of you know what an OBI dentist is - I saw it referred to recently on the boards and just wondered what they did - is it similar to LVI? Or do you think that was a typo since the O and the B are near the L and the V on the keyboard?

Also - I saw this add in the paper of a local dentist who does full mouth reconstruction and the before and after pictures were amazing - many of the before pictures had people missing teeth or those with broken little stubs that kind of look like mine and the after shots were so impressive. But the ad didn't mention if the dentist treated tmj or not - but does it matter at this point?

LTC - Are you going to continue with the osteo - even though you are changing dentists?

Last edited by Thelma-Louise; 01-24-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Closed Thread