It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

kasa2008 HB User
tmj and eyes bothering me

Hello, i have had tmj for about 6 months(well that is as long as it has been cauing pain) I used to have pain run down my face from my forehead to chin, feeling dizzy and feeling like i have had ear infections. All of those have greatly reduced if not totally gone away..with use of a splint. What has continued is floaters in my eyes..and new is watery eyes..and also flashes of light....when driving and periodic brain zaps does anyone else have these symptoms?/

Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: tmj and eyes bothering me

I had the floaters in the eyes at one point and what I called "shooting stars" - a floater that seemd to leave a tail or stream as it passed by. And now my right eyes tears quite often - especially in cold weather - but it did so during the summer too. Most of these symptoms I feel may be related to compression or inflamation around the optic nerve and temporalis area. As the splints change the bite and subsequently the postion of the jaw many of the cranial sutures and facial bones get realigned and as a result symptoms like this may apear - generally they disappear over time as the body adapts to the changes that occurred.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

StillHope HB User

I had "shooting stars" few times after the jaw manipulation (a push of the jaw back and up) done in dental offices. It took me about 2-3 weeks to recover from the pain, dizziness and eye problems initiated this way.
One time after TENSing my eyes just could not focus, as if they were looking in different directions and I had severe pulsating in my eyes to the point that I could hardly sleep; it lasted for 3-4 days.
Definitely eyes are related to the state of the jaw, as are many other "parts" in the body!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
(female)

madnmas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasa2008 View Post
I used to have pain run down my face from my forehead to chin, feeling dizzy and feeling like i have had ear infections.
When I was at the climax of my headaches, I would actually have tingling in my arms, legs...WEIRD! The headaches can be terrible...but I also get dizzy and b/c of reoccurring sinus infections in the past with ear pain, I always thought it was my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasa2008 View Post
What has continued is floaters in my eyes..and new is watery eyes..and also flashes of light....when driving and periodic brain zaps does anyone else have these symptoms?/
I get visual disturbances all the time, no watery eyes, yes on the flashes of light (this is migraine related)...the brain zaps..do you mean like your head gets tingly..like how goose bumps feel on your arms but it's your head? If that's it then yes. This feeling has also went into my face as well.

Don't worry, we're right here with you.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Unhappy Re: tmj and eyes bothering me

hey there,

Oh gosh please tell me how you're ear aches vanished.. I've never experienced eye problems but you said you're earaches vanished.. i need mine to as well , this is the one and only thing i cant handle at all, i am on upper and lower splints, i cant take these ongoing earaches.. why dont they leave.. please explain what splint you had which got rid of you're earache!!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
(female)

kasa2008 HB User

hello thanks for the reply..not really sure of the technical name but the splint is for the bottom teeth..it is flatter and then is built up as it goes towards the back of my mouth..i havent feel like i had an earache in months!!!

Closed Thread