It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
What would you guys do now in this position... please respond

Hey everyone ,

So i'm still on my drugs on endep and Diazepam (2mg) I took 2 tablets of the Diazepam at the same time ... i'm supposed to take one but the pain was SO SO bad hey like so so sharp on my right side.. i didn't even eat anything today of fear of making my ears worse.. i lay in bed all day , coming in and out of sleep, i'm scared in case i'm ruining my body due to my drugs but my brother said it shouldn't be as i'm not addicted and it cant be ruined that fast, am i right?!!! I just cried for a bit but then just prayed all day , because i know theres no point in us dwelling we must have action. I am doing my best to be strong .. i want us all to be!

Last night my right ear became like this SHARP agonising earache and my jaws all feel tender... My brother feels so sorry for me and he's fed up so he called MORE dentists and on the phone i explained to them what happened .. saying no more "maybes" and we need a guarantee to fix my sister... anyways so they have this meeting (the people he calls) about me and they have no clue what to do and they said " we feel for you honey, but we would exactly what you're dentist is doing.. theres no point in seeing us because we have no clue how to help you, i wish you luck..", I had told them all the things i had exhausted and they said well we would of just told you to exhaust the same things but they have no clue how to fix me .. i was so sad but at the same time grateful that they told me the truth and made it blunt as i asked her too!

Now i am lost and i have no idea where to go... I think i may need a cortisone injection.. this was supposed to be my one month break but like always its a tmj nightmare...

I have made an appointment for my dentist again this Friday .. anything i should ask her???

im scared .. what else can i do ... what other options are there for me... ???? Do you thin surgery??? Im twenty and i cant live like this anymore. im so so scared.

I love you guys , any advice which may help will be so badly appreciated.. im going back to lie in bed now and pray.. Thanks or being here guys !!

XOXO

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: What would you guys do now in this position... please respond

Temera - its pretty obvious that the slpint - although allowing the disc to be recaptured is also causing another problem for you and if the dr you are seeing and the drs you have called arre not willing to try something different at this point then they are the wrong drs for you. I am not familiar with what is available where you live but what type of drs have you called or are seeing? There are many different theories with regards to how to treat tmj so therefore there are many differnent types of treatments available and dentists tend to align themselves with with one or the other - it may be all the dentists you contacted are of the same theory and treatment which is why they said they would do the same thing your current dentist is doing. Also if these dentists know one another they often will not offer a conflicting recommendation or suggestion as that would then suggest your current dr is not doing a good job and some dentists tend to stick together as a group and defend each other.

There are many different types of dentistry so maybe broaden your search to inlcude neuromuscular, holistic, bioaesthetic, FJO, LVI, etc. Read some of the posts by other memebers to see what they are trying - as you may see some are actually having to travel outside of their country for treatment which is a huge undertaking but worth it when one is struggling to get their life back.

Unfortunately no one here can take away your pain but merely suggest other alternatives for you to try and the issue or decsion to stick with a dentist when you are not making much more improvement is a tough one but no one should have to endure such pain on blind acceptance that their dentist is "right" and therefore we need to just live withit and accept it.

Ask your dentist what does she feel is the cause of the pain and what else can she try to alleviate it - is it perhaps related to the splint pushing your jaw too forward or not forward enough. When was the last xray or tomorgram she did to check the progress of your disc and the location of the tm joints and postiioning of the jaw. If she has no answers for you or suggestions or recomendations in terms of changing treatment plans or adjusting your current treatment plan she never will have any answers for you and is not going to be able to help you.

Closed Thread