It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

lulu1978fr HB User
Joint and ligaments natural remedies

I am looking for some natural food, herbs or vitamins to help my joint and ligaments heal. Please advise if you know good ones which work for you.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: Joint and ligaments natural remedies

this is just what I've been doing, I take my glucosamine, chronditin, collagen and msn -a liquid formula once a day. I also take 1-2 tablets of 1000mg of Vit C in divided doses. I take two fish oil pills a day ( an natural anti-inflammatory) , a good liquid MVI, cal and mag, and whey protein if I don't get enough protein that day. Being on a soft diet I don't eat much protein. I also take prescription Vit D3 once a week. Now some days I may miss this or that, but try not too. The only thing is I smoke which I need to quit mainly as its bad for circulation and healing.I know it sounds like alot , but its really not.

I don't take any naproxen or aleve, any anti-inflammatories as I feel it impedes healing, anthing that takes down inflammation dries the area up and impedes the rbc and wbc to that area. I only use heat, never ice packs.

*** removed by the moderator*** I always believe in naproxyn but not any more. also getting cortizone shots ruin tendons and cartilage.

The old adage of elevate , ice and take anti-inflammatories is old to me, inflammation is the bodies way to heal , and in the meantime anti-inflammatories may reduce pain they are not helping in the healing process.

Drinks lot of water.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-29-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

StillHope HB User

If you are interested in natural ways to heal about anything in the body this is what is useful:

take large doses (few grams) of vit. C with food, take anti-oxidants, better from fruits and berries in powder form than just in vit. pills (in any Whole Foods or other health store there are lots of such products), you can drink super-juices (like acai, noni, etc.- 1-2 oz/day) which are high anti-oxidants. It is also very useful to take green drinks (like Kyo-greens, green power, etc.) -- again ask at any health food store.
Those natural things will help to eliminate the excess acidity of the body which is the toxic effect of any inflammation, injury, stress and so on, thus the body can heal faster. It's useful in any case especially if you eat animal flesh and other animal products which are all highly acidic.
Just do some research on what I suggest and you will find incredible stories of people healing from what they were told only a surgery could achieve, or even from fatal illnesses.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Stillhope- do you take 3 grams of vit c a day? I think the anti-oxidants are good too.

Sugar is also bad.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
(female)

StillHope HB User

I used to take vit C regularly about 2 gr/day and 4-6gr whenever I'd start getting a cold or a stress ; it would stop that sick feeling and runny noise/sneezing in hours!!
I think I got some kind of an allergy to the vit C. pills - I get cracks on my lips right after. It does not make sense b/c I can eat blended lemon pulp half a cup or more at once and nothing happens. I am puzzled and I wish I could take vit C again since I believe in it very much (based on my experience). Maybe I just create some imbalance and should take smth else with vit. C, who knows, or maybe they put vit C. it in some filler?? I tried it in powder too and I think it made the same result ??

Yes, sugar and preservatives are bad but the second one is unavoidable in juices. I just hope that the benefit of good stuff over weighs the bad. What can we do? We can't grow those berries and juice them at home.
Like I can't afford everything organic, I wish it would be easier and cheaper to make this choice.

Closed Thread