It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

bethie44 HB User
Dislocated jaw

Last Mon, I dislocated my jaw and was able to pop it back into place myself. I'm not going to tell the story about how I did it, because it is incredibly stupid. Anyway, I went to the dr. to make sure everything was okay. She felt it, did x-rays, etc. and told me that I was going to be fine and that I fixed the problem myself. I just want to know how long it is going to heal now, because it is Saturday now, and it still hurts. Have any of you done something like this?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
Re: Dislocated jaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethie44 View Post
Last Mon, I dislocated my jaw and was able to pop it back into place myself. I'm not going to tell the story about how I did it, because it is incredibly stupid. Anyway, I went to the dr. to make sure everything was okay. She felt it, did x-rays, etc. and told me that I was going to be fine and that I fixed the problem myself. I just want to know how long it is going to heal now, because it is Saturday now, and it still hurts. Have any of you done something like this?
Hi--When you say you dislocated your jaw, do you mean it locked closed or something on you? When that happened to me, my dentist literally told me to gag myself--sounds nasty i know, but the position the gag puts your jaw in will on some people immediatly replace the discs in their correct position. I was one of the lucky ones at the time. (BTW--not to make it sound even less appealing, but it needs to be a hard gag, like if you were to vomit pretty violently..UGGG.) It's better than surgery though, that's for sure..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
(female)

bethie44 HB User
Re: Dislocated jaw

Thanks. As I said, though, I was able to force it back into place with my hands. I am just still sore now and wondering how long it is going to take to heal. Feeling a little better today, though, so I think I will be better soon- maybe about another week.

Closed Thread