It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
(female)

Ciara99 HB User
Wisdow Tooth extraction

I had an impacted wisdow tooth removed last week, the dentist hit a nerve when he was giving me the injection, i am in a lot of pain and i have earache and headaches and i dont think the ibrofen is hitting it at all.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
Re: Wisdow Tooth extraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara99 View Post
I had an impacted wisdow tooth removed last week, the dentist hit a nerve when he was giving me the injection, i am in a lot of pain and i have earache and headaches and i dont think the ibrofen is hitting it at all.
Hi--Sorry for what your going through. Did the dentist specifically say they hit a nerve? I would definitely go back and have them check you out to make sure you don't have an infection where they took out the tooth. Can you open your mouth normally? Any jaw problems like clicking or popping since the extraction? If you don't get satisfactory answers from them, please go to another reputable dentist and get a second opinion. You don't want to wait til things get really out of hand. Take care!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
(female)

tmj225 HB User

I feel your pain, because my TMJ all started from my wisdom teeth extraction. When I continued to stay in pain after the procedure, my surgeon was ready to re-open one of my incisions and kept on re-packing my dry-sockets - all things that wouldn't have done anything for my clearly dislocated TMJs. My surgeon obviously had tunnel vision that it was something inside of my mouth, so that is why seeing another surgeon who will think outside of the box can be of much help. Things to check for from my experience would be: whether or not your mouth is opening straight, how much your mouth is opening... basically everything jmitchell said. Good luck!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
(female)

Hev42 HB User

Hi Your message sounds a lot like my situation. I had toothache followed by a wisdom tooth removal 7 weeks ago. The pain never really went away and has been coming and going about every other day. A couple of weeks after the extraction the dentist said it was turning into a dry socket and packed it with alvogyl. It was then packed again a few times but I am still getting intermittent pain, sometimes severe. I have now been to a maxillo-facial surgeon who says I am jaw clenching and is making me a night-guard. Just wondered if you had severe pain after your wisdom tooth, like a deep throbbing pain? If so did you find any painkillers which worked for this. Thanks

Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
(female)

CDG2009 HB User

I've been living with severe TMJ pain ever since I got wisdom teeth extracted about 4 years ago. I saw a doctor that specializes in TMJ that told me it seemed like the surgeon opened my mouth too far during the surgery and tore the muscles in the temporomandibular joint. Since I was under general anesthesia, I was asleep for the surgery and couldn't tell them not to open my mouth that far. I get severe headaches when the TMJ gets really bad, but I did not go through treatment because it totaled over $2000 and my insurance refuses to cover it. Tried both dental and medical, neither will cover it. The only thing I've had success with is taking Xanaflex, a muscle relaxer, which the doctor prescribed because I was in constant pain and couldn't afford the usual treatment. The down side is that it puts me to sleep and if I force myself to stay awake, it feels like I'm drunk. So I only take it on my worst days before I go to bed. But it basically relaxes all the muscles in my face while I sleep, so when I wake up I feel no soreness and I usually have a couple good days before I need to take it again.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

ladies: I feel all your pains. I ended up with TMJ after having my wisdom teeth out over 25 years ago. Now I've got tinnitus (ringing in the ears), I have a night guard to help with the teeth grinding, and now I've ended up with epilepsy at menopause!!!! I'm a mess! The tinnitus is getting worse because of the seizures. It's also got some connection with the TMJ. It's all about the nerves. I wish it would all just go away!

Old 06-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
(female)

imadoll33 HB User

hi ,i think it might be tmj.i had four impacted wisdom teeth pulled at once and after that my jaws been a mess been to every kind of dr u can think of and wasted alot of money theres no cure so the best way to go with the pain is get on meds unfortuanately it will jus get worse theres no fix

Closed Thread