It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

neochiq HB User
Have I perhaps figured it out?

So I have been suffering from this ear disorder or so I thought. I have definitely been just chewing and all of the sudden POP!!!!###$$%% and I'm like...WHOA and then my jaw hurts for a few days. On the right side.

Well, a few months ago, I started feeling like my ear is clogged. I tried ear wax kits, etc...I don't fly, I don't swim... and nothing seemed to help.

If I press on the right side of my neck, I can hear perfectly. Then tonight I noticed that if I open my jaw WIDE---I can hear?!!!!

PLEASE does this sound like TMJ??? For the last 2 days I have started to feel pressure behind my eye socket and cheek bone as well.

I've still been convincing myself that I have lymphoma due to some (what I thought to be) swollen lymph nodes because there are non-visible lumps under my neck on either side...but they might just be my poor thyroid and voice box that I keep squeezing like mad...I dunno...so I was convince that maybe it's lymphoma and my lymph nodes were so swollen that they were pressing on my ear.

Hypochondriac....

but honestly does this sound like TMJ????

thanks

Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Re: Have I perhaps figured it out?

It does sound like TMJ to me. I used to have bad pain in my left ear. I go to Acup. once a week, take Flexeril before bed and sometimes in the am and had braces to fix an open bite. I still wear a splint at night too. Before being treated for TMJ, I had terrible daily headaches and didn't know why. It's so great not to be in pain everyday. I hope you find the right treatment and pain relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread