It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User
Steriod Injections

Hello! I'm new to this TMJ Board. 25 years ago I was brutally beaten about the head and suffered damage to my TMJ. I've been under doctors' care since then. Next Monday, I'll be having steroid injections into my TMJ on both sides. I'm currently medicated to control the pain. How will I know if the steroid injections are working? Won't the medication throw things off? Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: Steriod Injections

Have you checked into prolotherapy instead of steroid? I've read steroid shot take down inflammation but destroys tissue in the long run , whereas prolotherapy is suppose to help mend ligaments.

There was a person on this board who had prolo shots, maybe try searching for it, anyway she said they worked well for her. I have not had prolo shots myself.

Last edited by luvtocamp; 07-15-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User
Re: Steriod Injections

luvtocamp - Thanks for the suggestion about prolotherapy. I've had prolotherapy shots. They worked very well on the muscles. They helped to break the spasms. I've also had prolo injections straight into the joint, but they did not help. I'm currently working with an oral surgeon, and I'm running out of options. He wants to try steriod injections as a last ditch effort before total joint replacement. OK Please don't yell at me for even considering joint replacement. I've done my homework, and I've seen the scans, there's nothing good left in my joints, but I guess that's a story for another day. Again thanks for your help. Peggy

Closed Thread