It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

realistikk HB User
Problems with wearing hair clips?

hi guys,

was wondering if you have problems wearing your hair back.. i used to wear clips and scrunchies in my hair and it seems that everything hurts now. Guess my head is sensitive. Ive found that small jaw clips dont hurt too bad if they dont touch the head. PRE-TMJ i could wear my hair in tight ponytails. also, sunglasses hurt even worse!! feels like a lot of everyday life things are painful now. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Problems with wearing hair clips?

I noticed that too - even before my tmj went full blown I started to notice my hair in a pony tail bothered me but not if I put in a small bun at the back of my head - I just figured the elastic I used for the pony tail had something to do with it. But now I can't wear any jewelry - earings, necklaces, watches - they all bother me as do scarfs and any top of shirts that are too tight or close to my neck so now I look for scoop or v-neck shirts/T's, etc. I can put up with the sunglasses only b/c squinting seems to cause more pain for me but I find they do bother the backs of my ears more so than they used to. Yes - life is definitely different with tmj. I miss the old me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

realistikk HB User

Thelma Louise,

hey there. yes, it can get so annoying. Thats exactly what happens to me, the squinting is worse so i wear sunglasses. The thinner ones are a lot easier to wear than the thick sided ones i have. I cant wear certain shirts either. anything that digs in my shoulder (bras too) and halters. and i try to carry clutch purses instead of big ones because that bothers my shoulder too. Sorry you have to go thru this too. even though it stinks its still good to know someone knows what im talking about!

have a good night

Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User

Ladies,
What about headbands? Yikes! I now just take the hair that I would put behind a headband, or up with clips, and I spray it with hairspray. This way it stays off of my face, but it doesn't hurt. One of these days I'll be wearing hairclips and headbands again.
Peggy

Old 07-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
(female)

realistikk HB User

Peggy-
yeah i used to love bands, but stopped wearing them too. even if i have my hair in a loose scrunchy it can hurt. I have the faith one day i can wear all this stuff again too Thanks for the input and hairspray tip

Closed Thread