It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User
Surgery Recovery Time

Hello TMJ Friends,
I'm going to have bilateral TMJ joint replacement next month. How long is the recovery time as far as returning to work? I'm a Special Ed Teacher, so I need to be able to talk a whole lot (I'm also a talker by nature).
I asked my surgeon about the recovery time and he said that I could try to go back to work after 2 weeks. Considering that I'll be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days, going back to work after 2 weeks just doesn't sound reasonable.
Thanks for any help that you can give me.
Peggy

Old 08-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
(female)

Onebird HB User
Re: Surgery Recovery Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegala View Post
Hello TMJ Friends,
I'm going to have bilateral TMJ joint replacement next month. How long is the recovery time as far as returning to work? I'm a Special Ed Teacher, so I need to be able to talk a whole lot (I'm also a talker by nature).
I asked my surgeon about the recovery time and he said that I could try to go back to work after 2 weeks. Considering that I'll be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days, going back to work after 2 weeks just doesn't sound reasonable.
Thanks for any help that you can give me.
Peggy
My doctor has told me me approx 4 months. for joint replacement surgery& some, 3 days in the hospital and minimum 10 day stay at a nearby hotel for ongoing visits. I can't imagine it would take only 2 weeks.. But yippie for you if its less than a month. I wish you much success and good health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User
Re: Surgery Recovery Time

Onebird,
Thanks for the reply. I agree that the two weeks out of work does not sound reasonable. I'm going to take 4 weeks off, and then see how I feel from there. I can't imagine going back sooner than a month after surgery.
Changing the subject, I see that you live in upstate New York and you'll be staying at a hotel. Where are you having the surgery done? When are you having your surgery done?
Again, thanks for the input.
Peggy

Closed Thread