It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Exclamation Temera is back update!

Hey there my beautiful friends!

It has been a long while since i have come on this board.. as i wanted to give it time until i wrote an update on my tmj progress.

i will write it as short as possible! Last years treatment actually did hell! I dont see that dentist anymore.. her double block splints which i wore 24/7 actually moved my teeth around ( it was called repositioning splint) and now i see a much better dentist.. hes profound where i live. I wear a stabilisation splint now 24/7 have worn in since April and man do i look funny with it as it is chunky .. my earaches have reduced alittle but are now and then there still! I am SO SO much better.. however i am now left with the problem that i cant bite without my splint at all.. so we are in a dead end.. all i am doing is wearing the splint 24/7...

Any ideas? Apparantly i need surgery.. noone can put braces on me as i suffer tongue thrust..hmmm

I dont know if people who used to go on my time still do .. but thats my update.. dying to hear from any of you's , new or old people!

Lots of Love,
Temera

Old 08-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #2
(female)

AndreaL HB User
Re: Temera is back update!

Hi temera,

How is sunny QLd? I have family on the Gold Caost, wish I was there! Could do with some warm sunny weather!

I'm sorry to read that youre at a dead end with regards to treatment for your TMJD. I'm interested to hear your opinion about the repositioning splint. I haven't started my splint therapy yet but it has been recommended that I wear a repositioning splint on my lower set for about 12 months, so I'm interested to hear how it felt for you. From what I gather though it was a negative experience for you?

What surgery have you been recommended?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User
Re: Temera is back update!

Dearest AndreaL

Oh thats awesome, i was at the coast yesterday -- there is VERY beautiful weather but sometimes it gets too stuffy!

What kind of splint therapy are you getting. I had a awful experience as my lady moved my teeth and i ended up with no bite as the treatment made me worse!

I would go for a stabilization splint. i cant even bite anymore but it could work for you - i hope!

I havent been recommended a particular surgery yet..need to wait until i get to see my dentist again..

Are you getting double block repositioning splint. what is the tmj plan for you?

hope nicer weather is there today!

Closed Thread