It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
so sick of this

I know I shouldn't just come to complain, but I am. I am really getting tired of this whole thing. My temples, ears, jaw and head just hurt. I know you all feel the same way and I am no different, but I am just having a bit of a pity party here. I am going to get out and be busy, but some days I just want to sit here and cry. I am tired of always feeling lousy from this. It is so hard to explain to everyone around you, isn't it? I feel like such a whiner, so to be always fighting feeling bad is getting old.

thanks so much for just letting me vent and get it off my chest. Sorry for the negative post.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

velvetrance HB User
Re: so sick of this

i feel the same way, and i did lose my friends and family because they thought i was faking it. if you are willing to move there are tons of treatment options. that's what i had to do in the long run. it's also really unsettling when doctors can't even figure it out and sucks more when they think you just want drugs. i waited two years to get any kind of pain relief. on top of that, i had a 'friend' who was abusing just those drugs right in front of me. she was eating valium like candy, snorting OxyContin and then told me i was a liar.

i've gotten nothing but crap from all this but you will find people who can empathize. for example, here. instant message me with a way to get in touch with you and i could look up some resources in your area.

-A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

velvetrance HB User

actually, i could go on and on about this. i couldn't work or be social and was a hermit. i cried and started to self injure. my mom said all i did was cost her money and she's practically a millionaire. no one understood/stands that this pain is 24/7, I hated getting asked, "does your head hurt? you look sleepy today." and i just wanted to scream MY HEAD HAS HURT SINCE 2006!

There are a lot of people who think they have TMJ and really have nothing in comparison. That angers me a lot because I'd talk to them and they'll say "yeah I have TMJ too, I get headaches sometimes". they don't get the severity of pain and suffering a chronic TMJ sufferer has. If they only knew I had to sell everything to get medical treatment in this country they'd understand. Hell, my own ex said I was lazy and couldn't pay rent so I should have been kicked out long ago. if that were to happen i would have been sleeping in fields.

TMJ, for the first time in my life, has allowed me to experience true anger.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrots View Post
I know I shouldn't just come to complain, but I am. I am really getting tired of this whole thing. My temples, ears, jaw and head just hurt. I know you all feel the same way and I am no different, but I am just having a bit of a pity party here. I am going to get out and be busy, but some days I just want to sit here and cry. I am tired of always feeling lousy from this. It is so hard to explain to everyone around you, isn't it? I feel like such a whiner, so to be always fighting feeling bad is getting old.

thanks so much for just letting me vent and get it off my chest. Sorry for the negative post.
tmrots----you don't ever have to apologize for venting on here..I've had tmj for 20 yrs., and I understand everything you are going through. The only good thing, if you can say that, about being in chronic pain is you understand compassion, patience, and never to take the little things for granted...like hearing your kids giggling, or a warm sunny day. Everything is a little clearer, dont' you think? Never give up hope....

Old 08-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

temera2 HB User

hey there friends!

I completely understand the fustration you are going through .. i myself had a cry today as my earaches make me so fed up!

We went to the beach yesterday and for the first time in months i get to relax, wham my ears ached and i just was depressed thinking cant i once even enjoy a nice day!

We are all in this together and i admit i am the whining queen in this board so never apologise for that!

velvet trance i am so so sorry you had to endure all that!! it made me so so angry and i felt like screaming when i read the way you have been treated! i pray so so much people around you understand your pain!

jmitchell your advice was very sweet and inspirational made me smile!

Praying for you all!

Closed Thread