It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

navywifenb HB User
Nti-more pain

Went to a tmj dentist today, made me nti slint for $400 bucks. I feel like i am in even more pain. He did not give me any pain meds, i am on some left over from my last er visit #3. This pain gets through all meds that i know. He did infact say i have tmj and could feel and show me where my muscles were in spasam. He said i should have relief with in three day of wearing my new slint 12 hours a day that includes sleep time. So we'll see. Right now my face jaw temple hurt so bad i could rip my face off. I do know there is no way i can live like this. I do hope my husband coming home in 19 days now.. Can deal with my cronic pain and depression due this horrbile condition. Thanks for your repsonses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
Re: Nti-more pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifenb View Post
Went to a tmj dentist today, made me nti slint for $400 bucks. I feel like i am in even more pain. He did not give me any pain meds, i am on some left over from my last er visit #3. This pain gets through all meds that i know. He did infact say i have tmj and could feel and show me where my muscles were in spasam. He said i should have relief with in three day of wearing my new slint 12 hours a day that includes sleep time. So we'll see. Right now my face jaw temple hurt so bad i could rip my face off. I do know there is no way i can live like this. I do hope my husband coming home in 19 days now.. Can deal with my cronic pain and depression due this horrbile condition. Thanks for your repsonses.
HI ----careful with the NTI---you need to get an x-ray of your joints to see if your surgery dislocated your discs,,,,I sent you a message today...take care..J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

NTIs don't work for everyone. They are designed to increase vertical dimension within the mouth which supposedly gives your joints more room and allows discs to recapture if they are displaced but they also can prevent back teeth from touching which can induce more muscle strain in those with a predisposition to a posterior bite. They work on the premise that it is the incorrect contact of teeth causing pain and eliminates such contact which should allow the muscles to resume a relaxed state.

The issue though could be it needs to be adjusted - when is your next appt with your dentist?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

angel72 HB User

I had an NTI and it did not work for me. They can actually cause your jaw to lock, my dentist warned me when I first got it to let him know asap if I had any problems. Get checked, please!

Closed Thread