It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

sharpie205 HB User
Do you have to have that clicking sound

for it to be TMJ. i don't have the clicking sound. I do have a weird feeling in my mouth like it's closing up. I get neck pain, burining sensation, back pain ---more on the side of my back, again a burining sensation. When these things happen i feel really sick. the other day my right leg felt really weak. Sometimes my hips hurt.

i've now been to so many doctors, all seem confounded. last doctor said it looks like i have chronic sinusitis. he gave me a nose spray. Doesn't seem to be working as far as i'm concerned.

Someone here mentioned i should try an osteopath. i think that what they said. these symptoms are so scary.

i'm going to my dentist on Friday, but i just don't know, this thing whatever it is keeps moving around, first my right side of my face, now my left side, and all those other strange sypmtoms.

it just seems since this thing started, i haven't been able to do anything.

p.s sorry for the lack of capitals, my shift key is not working properly.

oh the pain on the side of my throat, seems to get worse, or i feel it more when i yawn or cough.

Last edited by sharpie205; 10-14-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Do you have to have that clicking sound

No you do not necessarily have to have clicking sounds to experience tmj symptoms or for your problem to be similar to tmj. Most drs and even lay people tend to think of tmj as purely a tm joint issue but it could be muscular in nature due to a poor bite which is forcing your jaw out of its normal position. Your symptoms can also be due to a c-spine (neck) issue - as the jaw and neck share the same muscles. So yes its good you are going to see your dentist but don't be surprised if he is not sure what is going on himself - unless a dentist is well trained and experienced in treating tmj he may not be familiar with all the symptoms of tmj (again most only know to check for the more common ones - clicking and popping) or be fully aware of what to look for - however he might be able to refer you to a more knowledgeable colleague or dr.

Osteopaths - as most forms of alternative therapy - can help ease the intensity of your symptoms and help your body better deal with what is going on - so they may help make you feel better and therefore are still worth pursuing - but in terms of resolving the issue - I doubt it - most people only continue to see positive results with continued treatment as the real issue is not being permanently corrected.

Last edited by Thelma-Louise; 10-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
(female)

sharpie205 HB User
Re: Do you have to have that clicking sound

hi thanks

I went to the dentist today, he didn't say much, he took x-rays, and then he said it could be because i'm grinding my teeth, then he said he'll try ( sorry i forgot the name)which i'll have to wear at night.

The minute i got home i got the intense pain in my throat which ride of the side of my face to my cheeks and behind my ears. i know it's because of all the pressure of the x-ray and than mold thing he took of my teeth. i had to put some eucalyptus oil on area, that help a bit then i took a tylenol which also help a bit,, but i'm still havin some pain.

i just hope that teeth mold thing helps, i'm so tired of this

Closed Thread