It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
What helps?

I have tmjd but it doesnt usually bother me TOO much, I mean I notice it if I chew gum or anything else that takes a while to chew, or if I have to open my mouth wide (dentist) but typically its not to painful. About a week ago it started hurting noticeably, by the end of the day its soar from talking and it hurts just to open my mouth.. what helps? does wearing a plastic mouth guard at night help?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
Re: What helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrobaby View Post
I have tmjd but it doesnt usually bother me TOO much, I mean I notice it if I chew gum or anything else that takes a while to chew, or if I have to open my mouth wide (dentist) but typically its not to painful. About a week ago it started hurting noticeably, by the end of the day its soar from talking and it hurts just to open my mouth.. what helps? does wearing a plastic mouth guard at night help?
HI---you probably are clenching your teeth at night, and need to be examined by a good dentist that specializes in tmd. You may only need a nightguard. Have you had teeth extracted in the past? Braces? Whatever you do, do not chew gum. Baby your jaw until this passes. I just got a good referral in Ca. to a doctor named....Rosemary Rojas. She's in Beverly Hills. You may want to get an exam and see what's the problem. Since you are having muscular problems, ask if they can bill it under mayofacial pain disorder under medical, not dental. (Thats if you don't have tmj coverage.) It will be expensive. Good luck.....J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread