It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Falling on my face

I fell last friday a total face plant. I hit my chin and nose, nose immediately bled and my chin skinned up. Since then I have had so much pain in my jaw. The hinge just that would be where your temporomandibular joint is. The right side hurts worse than the left. Unfortunately I have taken two hard falls this month. The other fall I hit the side of my head and my ear on the opposite side I am hurting now. I actually went to the ER for the first fall but didn't for this newest fall because of my insurance and not being sure they will pay for the first fall let alone a second visit.

I know I have a horrible sinus infection and not sure if I am falling due to this. But the pain in my head is so bad. I am going to go to the doctor as soon as I can but can this cause TMJ permanently or can injuries like this actually heal?

Last edited by anitak1982; 11-08-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
Re: Falling on my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
I fell last friday a total face plant. I hit my chin and nose, nose immediately bled and my chin skinned up. Since then I have had so much pain in my jaw. The hinge just that would be where your temporomandibular joint is. The right side hurts worse than the left. Unfortunately I have taken two hard falls this month. The other fall I hit the side of my head and my ear on the opposite side I am hurting now. I actually went to the ER for the first fall but didn't for this newest fall because of my insurance and not being sure they will pay for the first fall let alone a second visit.

I know I have a horrible sinus infection and not sure if I am falling due to this. But the pain in my head is so bad. I am going to go to the doctor as soon as I can but can this cause TMJ permanently or can injuries like this actually heal?
Omg--you poor thing. Make sure that they do tomographic x-rays of your joints, even an mri to see if you've damaged your disc at all on that side. I hope it's nothing more than a bruise, but you definitely need to get the joint that you fell on checked out. Eat soft foods, and take some advil for inflamation. Dont' worry about your insurance, you need to get this checked out now. Good luck----J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread