It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
(male)

Conn5 HB User
Question for Thelma-Louise

Are you still under the dr's care from the Holistic Dentist in ny?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Question for Thelma-Louise

yes I am but its going very slowly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
(male)

Conn5 HB User
Smile Re: Question for Thelma-Louise

I assume its the doc in yorktownl? Does he incoporate the ALF appliance? And does he have a osteopath on site? And the most important question is are you comfortable with him that you can talk to him and that his not the know it all type?

(Sorry for so many question, been to the circus and seen the puppet show if yo know what I mean)

Old 11-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am not sure if he uses the ALF or not as I asked him about it for myself and was told I was not a good candidate for it - but he is trained in FJO and is familiar with and uses several various appliances depending on the patients' particular problem. He is very easy to talk to, will answer all your questions, will not think you're crazy no matter how weird the symptoms have become and best of all you can disagree with him and have your own opinion and make suggestions, etc - he is very open to all of that. He does not have an osteopath in his office but can refer you to one if you ask as he has a wide network of therapists he works with. He is trained in and uses cranial sacral therapy and acupuncture during treatment.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
(male)

Conn5 HB User

What is FJO?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Functional Jaw Orthotics

Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
(male)

Conn5 HB User

From your past post I know you have seen a multitude of Dr's.....are you confident that the one your with is going to help? Or are you in between Dr's?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I can't say I am 100% confident he will be able to help me but my case may be a bit difficult - all my teeth were filed every which way by previous tmj dentists and I am missing my front teeth as well so I need a full mouth reconstruction - plus I developed cranial distortion or shifting and cervical misalignment (prior to seeing him) which has affected my nm and central nervous system - so I have structural problems as well as neurological symptoms as well. But given that other drs either made me worse, wouldn't take my case or after a few months told me they couldn't help and that I should go elsewhere my choices are somewhat limited. But he seems to like a challenge and after 3 yrs still keeps coming up with diff ideas of what to try and is still very optimistic with regards to my eventual recovery.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
(male)

Conn5 HB User

I..the same as you have been thru the Doc circuit........love when they first see you they come off a miracle workers. But I always ends up with the same result. Arrogant comes to mind a lot with these type of doctors and if their particular protocol doesn't work they shrug their shoulders and you move on with more problems then you walked in with.
This doc sounds good.....

Thanks for your wisdom and good luck in your future.

Closed Thread