It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
(male)

sonnyco HB User
Tight muscle behind the ear causing intense chronic pain

Hi everyone,
I have been experiencing tremendous tightness in the muscle located at the recess, or depression, just behind the earlobe. I think that the muscle may be called the stylohyoideus but am not sure.
What I am certain of is that the tightness is stress induced. At any rate I need pain relief asap! If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing I would greatly appreciate their input!
Also does anyone know what type of Dr would be best qualified & experienced to inject such an area with a pain relieving medication.
Thanks!!

Last edited by sonnyco; 03-08-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB UserJill 227 HB User
Re: Tight muscle behind the ear causing intense chronic pain

Hi there---I think you are probably referring to the SCM muscle....you should get relief from a qualified massotherapist for your condition..Make sure that they also are familiar with treating tmd patients, because IMO, those are the most knowledgable, and good at their craft. You will not need any sort of injections..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
(male)

sonnyco HB User

Thanks, but I don't think it's the SCM. It is located near the SCM, but more along the corner of the jaw. I am referring to the the tendon that pops out of the recession along the jawline as one slides their bottom jaw forward.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
(female)

nikkikey HB User

Might it be the digastric muscle? You can look at it by googling round earth publishing. They have a good listing of the muscles of the head/neck and all their functions. I found it to be quite interesting

Old 03-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
(male)

sonnyco HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkikey View Post
Might it be the digastric muscle? You can look at it by googling round earth publishing. They have a good listing of the muscles of the head/neck and all their functions. I found it to be quite interesting
Thank you for the input!
It is funny you mention it, because when I was researching which muscle it was the digastric mucscle dod seem to be a real possibility. Either way though I still need someone who can offer a relief for the muscle whatever it may be

Closed Thread