It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2001, 01:48 PM   #1

LittleFilly56 HB User
Can TMJ cause fever, chills or night sweats?

I have terrible allergy problems, and constant sinus/ear pain and pressure. I've been to two ENT's and had two CAT scans, and nothing substantial was found. My MD believes it's sinuses, and when I am on antibiotics, get better, but when I go off of them, I get sick again. If it's TMJ, would the antibiotics help, and would I have fever, chills, and night sweats? Thanks for your help.

------------------
Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
Veteran

Marlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB User
Re: Can TMJ cause fever, chills or night sweats?

Hi Donna,

If you have TMJ, antibiotics would not have any effect on it. Also, fever, chills, and night sweats are not symptoms associated with TMJ.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2001, 12:43 PM   #3

Rushkiller HB User

it sounds to me like you may have lyme disease. check out some of the lyme disease sites, tmj, nite sweats, chills are all signs of lyme.

Old 05-04-2001, 12:11 AM   #4

lorij HB User

i have had similar symptoms. i also was with an ent for 10 months & had many tests, ct scans etc. nothing significant was found wrong with my ear, but i had constant pain, pressure & ringing. finally, we came to the conclusion that i had an infected wisdom tooth & had it removed. that was 17 months ago & i was symptom free til about a month ago when i started to have pain in the gum area behind where the tooth was removed & pain in the ear area again. at this time i saw my oral surgeon who has diagnosed me with inflamation of the gum from the jaw problems & tmj. i have been on anti-inflamatories & they are helping. i looked up lyme disease as someone suggested, and it it has nothing to do with ear pain or pressure & also has a rash & vomitting & many other symptoms that are not what donna describes or what i have experienced. at this time i am on a soft diet (no chewing) to see if it will correct the problem, that is relieve the pain in the ear & jaw area. having read much about tmj, i realize this is a long road with not much hope in any of the treatments. i think you may not actually have a fever, but rather an inflamation, which i experienced, i would always feel like i was feverish and then take my temp & no fever, but the inflamation made me feel that way. let me know what you find out about your symptoms. i'll check back. hoping this board becomes more active, as i can use all the info i can find. thanks.

Closed Thread