It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
(male)

not4sakn HB User
Facial tingling along jaw and cheekbone

For 3 years now I have been suffering with constant head pressure/tension type headaches, pain in the back of my neck, stiffness, brain fog and a hungover type sensation.

I have been to countless doctors and recently saw a neurologist in Atlanta, GA that pointed out 2 bulged disc in my neck at C3-4 and C5-6. He believes the pinched nerves are causing all my symptoms.

He had me get an epidural injection in my neck and also Botox to see if the tension type headaches would ease up and neither worked.

Lately I have had tingling/full like sensations throughout my left jaw and cheeks. My jaw also pops on the left side when opened wide. My jaw really doesnt hurt, just pops and tingles.

Has anyone else here experienced facial tingling and neck pain? If so, where did the neck pain exist, front, side, back?

I know the trigeminal nerve can be affected with TMJ and create facial tingling that many experience along with tinnitus.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
(male)

not4sakn HB User
Re: Facial tingling along jaw and cheekbone

Oddly enough I have been tested for Lymes twice, both times the blood work came back negative. How exactly did he confirm you have it with negative test results?

Last edited by mod85; 10-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
(female)

momoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB User

I have had all the symptoms you have mentioned and it is always related to discs in my upper back and neck pinching nerves. The minute I see the chiropractor and he adjusts me , including my jawbone which I know sounds strange but it works ! I feel 100% better. Now the minute the head pressure or neck pain , or headaches start to come back I am on the phone getting in . I cannot recommend enouh going , it has literally saved me .

Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
(male)

not4sakn HB User

I have been to two different chiro's, a traditional and NUCCA (upper cervical chiro) and neither made a difference. I have tried accupuncture as well with no relief.

Last edited by mod85; 10-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
(female)

momoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB User

I'm sorry you didn't get relief from it. Did you go to a chiropractor that did the old fashioned manipulating and cracking ??

Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
(male)

not4sakn HB User

I went to both, a traditional chiro and upper cervice (NUCCA). Neither helped but simply but a bigger dent in the back account.

The other day I noticed I was chewing gum and my left jaw started tingling really bad. This has never happened before while chewing anything or eating.

Closed Thread