It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

staria HB User
Could this be TMJ?

Hoping for some advice here!!

For the past month I have had horribble pain that seems to be on the left hand side of my Jaw and stretching to my ear. It hurts very badly when I open my mouth too wide and when I yawn or chew. None of my teeth are sore. It went away for around a week but is now back in full form and seems to be at its worst first thing in the morning.

I have been to two GP's. The first said there is nothing wrong and diagnosed me with a 'sore throat' and perscribed me penecillin which did nothing. The second one said that I may have a middle ear infection and perscribed antibiotics and ear drops which also provided no relief.

To give a bit of past history, my teeth were very crooked in my teenage years and I had braces for 2 years and they look fine nowand I have had no further complications. I also have a history of ear infections but this feels dfifferent and is definately more in my Jaw. I have not had any trauma to my jaw or face but I have been very stressed out lately... My brother was killed in an accident 3 months ago and I have been very nervy, tense and paranoid, not sleeping well etc.

My Jaw on that side will click every now and then.

Does this sound like TMJ to you. And if so, how do I get an official diagnosis? Doctor or dentist? I dont want to wast my time going to another GP only to get thrown onto more useless medication.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Could this be TMJ?

You could be grinding your teeth in your sleep or have a touch of jaw joint arthritis. I was diagnosed with this a couple of years ago. Mine is acting up again. I feel like my ear is full or its weird it has a tickle feeling down in there and I can scratch it. I don't know what that is all about. I hope you are finding some relief!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread