It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
(male)

ScionTC05 HB User
I got a NTI bite device but wore it out. Still headaches/neck pain daily

I got an expensive NTI device I was hoping was the cure for my nighttime grinding and biting. After some 6 months I wore it out somehow or another and it wouldnt stay on my teeth. I was afraid i'd swallow it. It fit onto my upper on the front 4 or so teeth. I took it back and they were going to resize it and I get refitted in a few days.

I found that even with this device I still clench at night. I wake up with stick neck/shoulders daily and feel I need to crack my neck. The pain goes up the back of my neck/skull and gives me facial pains.

I feel there is no cure to this since I am sleeping I can really prevent it, but have noticed this nightly clenching seems to be caring over to my daily life. For instance trying to loosen a tight lid off a can of food from the fridge, I find I am clenching down when I exert force.

I think i'm addicting to using icy hot and I dont like the smell! I may look into exercise/cardio and strengthening for my neck/shoulders and see if it relieves the tightness/pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: I got a NTI bite device but wore it out. Still headaches/neck pain daily

I hated the NTI I had. Completely hated it. I couldn't get my jaw in a good position with it.

The last splint my tmj dentist made me worked wonders. It held my lower jaw forward when I slept and kept my teeth from coming together at all while I slept. After a couple months, my muscles gradually started loosening while wearing it. It was a custom splint though. I have a picture of it on one of my previous posts.

There is a great book called The TMJ Healing Plan by Cynthia Fuller that may give you some good suggestions as well. It also addresses the head and neck pain issues.

Wishing you well.

MountainReader

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread