It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
(male)

tommy508 HB User
3 monhs of pain-tmj,post concussion syndrome or sinus infection

I have been sick for roughly three grueling months which dates back to mid january where I sustained a head injury at work, while lifting heavy columns I banged my head on the back of a metal rack which rattled my brain, being a somewhat anxious person I was alarmed at the force that My head impacted the rack,
feeling dazed but fine I continued working and everything was fine then three days later while at work my vision started to change, I had intense eye pressure, I felt disoriented and thought I was having something severly wrong with me.
I took a trip to the ER had a cat scan which quickly came back normal, so I was content I wasnt dying, however the pain still existed and I was left feeling head pressure, eye pressure,nose pressure,dizziness and extreme anxiety that has lasted for the last three months almost daily.

I have seen a neurologist, an ENT,My eye doctor,the dentist and a chiropractor but despite all the doctors I have seen I still feel nearly the same.
certain days Im better then other's and twice I felt healed for about a week only to have the symptoms return,
started taking paxil for the anxiety but the symptoms still exist.I am out of options at this point. The main reason I posted this on the TMJ section is that I have bruxism So I wonder If all these symptoms are caused by TMJ and the head injury Is not the culprit or if it's a combination of TMJ and the head injury which caused the tmj to get worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
(male)

tommy508 HB User
Re: 3 monhs of pain-tmj,post concussion syndrome or sinus infection

The pain seems to travel in different areas everyday to varying degrees, for instance the pain will be inner eye related and cause me to have intense eye pressure, then it will move to the back of my head and my head will feel like it's vibrating then if the pain is near my nose then my nose feels blocked and I have shortness of breath, or it will be my jaw near the tmj area which will feel pressure. Im ou of options at this point, I don't even know what it's like to feel normal anymore and since doctor's cant confirm anything I receive little to no help. they just tell me everything is okay, this is the most insufferable punishment because it feels neverending. im so tired of walking around and feeling like im outside my body. it almost feels like a sense like depersonalization like im not even in my body at times. the way everything moves around me, the constant unsteadiness. Im totally lost

Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
(male)

jbuilder2 HB User
Re: 3 monhs of pain-tmj,post concussion syndrome or sinus infection

Its defintaely worth going to a TMJ dentist or two to get some opinions. You do have jaw pain, eye pain and bruxism. LVI global . com and iccmo . org. Find some dentists near you listed at one or both. Many will have free or low cost consultations.

The Following User Says Thank You to jbuilder2 For This Useful Post:
tommy508 (04-25-2012)
Closed Thread