It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

9sophia9 HB User
Surgery - IVRO

Hi Everyone,

I've been suffering in the extreme for over 2 years. My disc is displaced and I have swelling, pain in my ear, pain in my throat, neck pain, my teeth don't come together, I don't sleep well....etc.

I had an arthrocentisis at the Mayo Clinic 6 months ago, plus botox injections. I had a little relief but now everything is back to where it was. The doctor wants to do an IVRO surgery to bolt the jaw together.

Has anyone had the IVRO surgery? Also, there is so much negativity about surgery, has anyone had a positive experience having a surgical procedure? I'm a professional singer and make my living using my jaw - this is a really heavy problem for me and I just want to get it fixed.

I've read all the suggestions: soft food, massage, good posture, etc. but, in the end, there is a mechanical problem that needs to be fixed - there's bone on bone and there's big swelling along my jawline and pretty much non-stop pain all the time.

Anyway - surgery stories please. Especially with IVRO as this is the next step for me.

Thank you!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
(male)

jbuilder2 HB User
Re: Surgery - IVRO

out of curiosity did you do any splint therapy? What kind? How long?

I'm afraid i'm in the same boat as you with a displaced disc without reduction and lots of pain. Has been 7 months and almost 3 in a splint.

There are some other threads about this surgery on this board if you search IVRO, but overall not alot of good things to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

9sophia9 HB User
Re: Surgery - IVRO

I've yet to read one positive discussion on surgery of any kind on the jaw. Not sure what to think, since, where I intend to go, the Mayo Clinic, does it all the time and says they have a positive result. Is it that only negative people come to these discussion boards or is it only people who are having trouble? I suppose if everything is okay, you move on with your life and don't search around on the internet about this condition!

Closed Thread