It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

PoizenRose20 HB User
Unhappy Could this be TMJ?

Hi! First off I would like to say Im really sorry this is so long!
Im 20 years old and female and for the past 2 months I have been having popping in my jaw and sharp or burning pain in my right temple, sometimes left. I have been getting migraines almost everyday, my lower right jaw is sore to the touch, dizziness, nausea, allergy problems, neck pain, eye/eyebrow pain on the right side..... I have had 3 CT scans thinking it is something way more serious and everything came out UnRemarkable! They did them with and without contrast and the doctor said that ruled out Anyuerism, Tumor or a bleed.... So that puts me more at ease but I have no idea what is wrong with me and I cant seem to get a definate diagnosis! Has anybody delt with this before?? Its every single day and it is seriously ruining my life! Any input is GREATLY appreciated! (:

Oh also, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Tylenol, doesnt seem to take the burning/sharp pain away! Only the migraine and actual headache!

My health history is I have a severe UTI that wont go away, I HAD low potassium now its 4.9 and they have discontinued my medicines. I have started having depression and extreme anxiety after this all started!
My teeth are PRETTY BAD so idk if that has something to do with it or not but it runs in my family and they are all broken and rotted but I have no insurance or money for a dentist!
I have also been having body aches in my arms and legs and weakness the past week or 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Could this be TMJ?

Yes, it definitely sounds like you're having some TMJ symptoms. Not all of your symptoms are TMJ related, but some definitely are. Is there a local dental school you can go to?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
(female)

PoizenRose20 HB User
Re: Could this be TMJ?

Im not sure but I dont have any insurance.... Wouldnt that show on a head CT? Also could that cause a *****ly sensation in my shoulders?

Closed Thread