It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

beaglelover HB User
Unhappy Tmj/tmd?

On May 22, 2012 I had 6 fillings done #2,3,14,15,30 and 31 at one visit lasting almost 2 hours. 30 was a fairly deep cavity and I was advised that this tooth could eventually need a root canal due to the decay found when my general dentist placed the filling. About a week later I experienced pain chewing on my left side so I went in and my GD did an adjustment. He asked about 30 because that tooth had a lot of decay and he worked on it longer than the other teeth combined. I said it was fine at the time. About a week later I started feeling pain in tooth #30 so I automatically went to my endodontist for a root canal evaluation. She said the filling was deep but it appeared to be "sitting on the nerve" and rct treatment was not recommended at this time because I didn't react to the hot/cold stimuli. Endo did notice some swelling around tooth #30 so she recommended a periodontal evaluation. Saw a periodontist the next day and he concluded that there was no bleeding upon probing and the only thing of concern was a slight cross bite on my right side and 30 and 31 have a tight contact but other than that, no periodontal treatment recommended at this time. This was about two weeks ago. Day by day the pain from my jaw starts to get worse. I used to be able to take tylenol. I started recently started taking 800MG Ibuprofen. Last night was the worst episode, I was awakened with pain in my jaw radiating to my temple and my ear. All on the right side of my face only. Also when I tried to eat my joint that hinges my jaw on the right side started to throb. I don't know where to go from here. Another dentist? ENT? Neurologist? Will have to wait until after July 4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply