It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

orchid1973 HB User
New Here

Well I must say I am pretty happy I have found this TMJ sufferer's page! A little info: I have been suffering since I was about 14...about 24 yrs now. One dentist noticed while removing my wisdom teeth and sent me to the university in the city to be 'studied'. LOL, that was kind of a joke. Even to this day, I know very little about TMJ...Except that my jaw cracks, locks, and I get headaches, which I didn't really know was related, but suspected. I saw the list of symptoms and must say, "I am blown away!". I have had at least all of them over the years and had no idea they were related!! Like the ringing in my ear and tension in the neck - I just thought it was stress? Even if someone tried to message out the tension it was too painful to bear someone touching my shoulders? But they all make total sense now!! And a big huge THANKS for the info sahred about surgeries!! It was always my biggest wish to get my jaw broken!! After seeing people's posts on here about their plight's...I will go back to wishing for a money or a new car LOL...I am really glad I have not found Dr's willing to grant my request!! All my syptoms are definately bareable compared to what I have read on here by those who have had the surgery! So a very serious THANKS for that too, everyone!! Surgery is not the 'quick fix' I was thinking I was looking for! I have had it so long now, that don't really even notice the TMJ sysmptoms most of the time, anymore. The symptoms are always there, I just kinda mentally block them out as they are constantly there, it's the new norm for me, so I just go about my business. I would rather be able to not notice the symptoms by having them fade into the background than go through the possibility of worse pain and decades of multiple surgeries ANYDAY!!

CHEERS!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

judye HB Userjudye HB Userjudye HB Userjudye HB Userjudye HB User
Re: New Here

Hi Orchid!

Welcome It's so nice to know that there are others out there who understand this crazy disorder... I felt really alone with it for a long time. This is a great place to get information (like beware of surgery!), which is a tough to do when it comes to TMJD.

Just wanted to ask if you've thought of seeing a good modern neuromuscular dentist? I had crazy severe TMJD and suffered as I had gone to see a traditional nm dentist, who only made things worse through very expensive treatments. Things were so severe that I was planning to fly down to LVI Global, the top post grad centre for neuromuscular treatments for TMJD, but I got a referral to a doctor who had studied there (and then did even more post grad work in treating TMJD). I'm now over a year into his treatments (first splint, now braces) and my pain is really low and symptoms almost gone.

I encourage you to find a good doctor because with TMJD, things tend to get worse if left alone and then the symptoms worsen and it's harder to treat. You've got to make sure you do your due dilligence in making sure they have the education and the proven track record of treatment in modern nm dentistry - there are so many examples (including me) of people's who get worse as they don't get to the right doctor. It's a tricky disorder to treat and you really need to be in the best hands even if this means driving a ways!

All the best!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-14-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Reply Reply