It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

careybeary HB User
TMJ Disorder need help

I have been diagnosed as having TMJD by a dentist. I have gone through 4 kinds of mouthpieces. I brake them because of clenching. I have lost several teeth because of clenching and grinding. I am always in pain. my dentist has done all he can for me. I don't know what kind of doctor to go to now. my gp said work with the dentist--no help there. any suggestions?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: TMJ Disorder need help

A highly trained orthodontist could help you better. Many people with TMJ seek out neuromuscular orthodontists. A good functional orthodontist with training in sleep dentistry might do well for you also. I see a Functional Orthodontist trained in orofacial pain, TMJ and sleep dentistry. The splints I've had from him are far superior than the expensive custom ones I had from my dentist prior.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply