It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Tmj no more programs work??

Anyone try the two programs on the net called tmj no more? One is from Sandra and another from goodman? My tmj is from tension and muscles off kilter and not teeth or bite problems . I wonder if these muscle strengthing/ relaxing programs would be best for conditions like my tmj ? Anyone try these?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Tmj no more programs work??

The best thing I found for relaxing my tmj muscles was to find a therapist who could do orofacial, neck and shoulder trigger point releases . Regular work on my muscles and trigger points really helped me in addition to splint therapy.

How do you know you don't have any bite issues? Many people with TMJD have discs that have slipped out of position leading to the muscles being in constant spasm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

I went to a tmj doctor.he checked my bite and said everything looked fine. He then noticed my lower jaw when relaxed was crooked like a muscle always pulling on it.but when I bite the teeth line up in a perfect way. He said part of my problem was tension and posture. This is why I wanted to try the exercises in those programs I've been reading about to train my muscles to relax and hence stop tugging my lower jaw out of alignment

Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
(female)

pamo810 HB Userpamo810 HB Userpamo810 HB User

I also have issues with the muscles of the TMJ - your doctor had the right idea, particularly for working on the masseter muscle (I've also had joint issues resulting a total joint replacement, which beats the pain I had to all hell. For my trigger points, I get trigger point injections, which can last for months. Hope this helps!

Pam

Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
(male)

I'm just hoping this works I ordered the tmj no more package from Sandra 49$ I've spent 10 times this just on massages. I also find this years allergy season doesn't help my tmj at all with the sinus pressure etc

Old 04-19-2014, 03:39 AM   #6
(male)

peet HB User

and did the program of sandra help?

Old 04-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User

Rocabado Exercises are excellent for TMJD and they're free.

Reply Reply