It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Waking up at night dizzy TMJ symptoms?

Has anyone ever woke up in the middle of the night with a dizzy spell ? Can tmj cause this?

Old 09-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

Geneva1 HB User
Re: Waking up at night dizzy TMJ symptoms?

Does it happen when you suddenly turn over in bed? Do you feel like you or the room are spinning? If so, You could have crystals in your inner ear balance canals loose. TMJD can cause all kinds of crazy things to happen. Everyone is different. The spinning (vertigo) upon waking, is how my TMJD ordeal started. The day after a dental surgery. My neck muscles, Sternocleidomastoids, (SCM's), were totally strained during the surgery. SCM's are connected to the mastoid bone behind our ears. Mine was all so tight & full of TP's (trigger points), which causes the muscles to go into spasm. If you continue to wake up dizzy or spinning, I would see a Neurotologist to rule out any inner ear issues. Take a look at the inner ear board. Hope you feel better soon!

Geneva

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

It's fairly random and happened twice. I so confused on this whole issue it's upsetting me a lot lately . There have been a few items that occurred I simply don't understand . The first was a severe reaction to alcohol which was explained to me that blood flow increases dramatically to the head .If that's the case I can understand why it felt like my whole face flared up (muscles tensed big time sent me into an anxiety attack).The second problem is when I drink certain hot liquids like licorice tea I get another flare up.My upper teeth tingle and I feel pressure at the bridge of my nose, upper teeth and my neck gets tighter near the ears. I'm lost and desperate at this point I'm starting to get depressed to.It almost feels like I'm either having some weird allergis reaction or it really is my tmj flaring up hardcore but why?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
(female)

Lenore6 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidplasma View Post
It's fairly random and happened twice. I so confused on this whole issue it's upsetting me a lot lately . There have been a few items that occurred I simply don't understand . The first was a severe reaction to alcohol which was explained to me that blood flow increases dramatically to the head .If that's the case I can understand why it felt like my whole face flared up (muscles tensed big time sent me into an anxiety attack).The second problem is when I drink certain hot liquids like licorice tea I get another flare up.My upper teeth tingle and I feel pressure at the bridge of my nose, upper teeth and my neck gets tighter near the ears. I'm lost and desperate at this point I'm starting to get depressed to.It almost feels like I'm either having some weird allergis reaction or it really is my tmj flaring up hardcore but why?
I've had two episodes of vertigo in the past year too. Both have been while I was sleeping and turned over in bed. My ENT said there is nothing wrong with my ear so I'm assuming it has to do with my tmjd like everything else wrong with my ear. If I chew wrong I'll have balance problems. I too can't drink alcohol since having tmjd problems. The littlest bit seems to really mess me up so I don't drink. As far as you drinking certain hot liquids I would say if its a certain tea that cause a reaction then maybe a allergy...? Try different hot liquids and see if you get the same reaction. It could also be the mouth area is already inflamed and the heat from the tea is swelling the area up more causing pressure to the sinuses, etc. (Like when a muscle is swollen you want to ice it instead of applying heat). I know it's hard when your body gives you all these different symptoms and you can't make any sense of it. Hang in there!

Reply Reply