It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

Cess HB User
Cone beam scan results

What do these results mean? I do not have pain, but I did have tooth pain and it turned out it was 2 root canals. Since I had those, the pain I had on my teeth went away, but my dentist sent me to a prosthodontist and I had a scan and it showed this:

The structure and morphology of the osseous components of the TMJs were evaluated and the findings noted above were consistent with regressive remodeling. The remodeling has reduced condylar size and the may be a
response by the articular tissues to the functional demands.
The posteriorly positioned condyles within their fossa may predispose to anteriorly displaced discs and compression
of the posterior surface of the condyles and the adjacent retro-discal tissues.

My research, I think, is saying that regressive remodeling can be from osteoarthritis? Or is it from clenching down? But wouldn't I have more pain in my face from this? I had ortho for 10+ years as a child, and back then my jaw was popping and we did nothing. I am NOT wiling to have the repositioning split or surgery for fear it will ruin my jaw and I need braces again, which I cannot do. Please help, I am going nuts googling and trying figure this out.

Thank you!
Megan

Reply Reply