It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Three easy question for you tmj veterans

I need to know some info to be able to distinguish whats tmj related and what's allergy related in my face. 1: does tmj cause burning sensation in nose sinuses and blood in saliva from dry sinuses, without jaw tension happening at same time? 2: will tmj cause light sensativity in eyes with no actual feeling of pressure in jaw or eyes for that matter. 3: Is it normal to feel swelling on each side of face under ear , but when I place my fingers on my jaw joints when I open or close they don't even hurt nor does the muscle around the joint? I know I have tmj which my dentist made me a splint for but I also have a bad dust mite allergy and soy allergy that I just discovered through testing. I'm trying to figure out which symptom is which.when I go outside in this cold weather it feels like my nose is burning on fire, or when I sleep in the heated bedroom sometime I wake up it burns yet my jaw doesn't hurt when this happens.I need to warm the air before inhaling then it feels better, tmj related ??

Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Re: Three easy question for you tmj veterans

Nothin??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I'm really not sure the answers are as easy as you think. There are so many different manifestations of TMJD symptoms that it can be difficult to tell.

I do have a history of tmjd, allergies, asthma and sinus problems.

Most of what you describe really doesn't sound like classic tmjd. The swelling under the ears might. I know I had some when my muscles were in constant spasm from the tmjd.

The burning in the sinus could be a sinus infection, allergies, or possibly acid reflux. I've had all 3 happen to me in the past. In fact when I got my acid reflux under control, I had a significant decrease in sinus problems.

Are you running a humidifier while you sleep at night? That could be a significant help. Nasal saline sprays may help as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainReader For This Useful Post:
Liquidplasma (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
(male)

I just started regulating my air temp in house now that the cold weather has hit in Montreal.I noticed the warmer air that's not dry feels better than just warm air.I also realized I've made a huge mistake drinking too much coffee which little did I know dehydrates sinuses badly. I knew its affects on tmj but I was under the impression my tmj is getting better... I was mistaken.This tmj is just god awful! Just when you think your getting better, it swings back to hit you.My back and neck were feeling better but my jaw launched another attack since Friday I've been feeling bad.I don't understand how a jaw can go from good to bad so quickly ,even when I'm not stressed( or at least believe I'm not).Time to go back to tmj exercises and hot showers the let my jaw relax.The supplements I take seem to work little ,but then again maybe this would be 10 times worse without them.In exactly 9 days I get my night splint / adjustment splint. I know I shouldn't put all my hope into this but if it doesn't work.... I'm screwed.

Reply Reply