It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

IndyGirl1 HB UserIndyGirl1 HB User
Hard to Explain This Symptom

Hi Friends,

I hope everyone is feeling decently well today. There has been one thing bothering me lately and it is very hard for me to describe but I shall try. Keep in mind that this only happens every now and again, although we all know that things tend to build over time and get worse.

I was talking to a coworker today and in the midst of laughing at a joke he told me my jaw did a very awkward/somewhat painful shift to one side and almost got stuck for a minute and then went back to normal. I was worried that it was going to dislocate the disc on what the doctors claim is my "good side". It feels like my jaw suddenly decided it wanted to be in a different position than normal and it felt really uncomfortable.

Does anyone have this problem? Does it scare you? It scares the crap out of me because I try my hardest to keep my jaw relaxed and to eat soft food. I am trying my best to keep my left joint in the best condition I can and to not overload my injured right disc too much.

On a side note, does anyone know how much pressure a normal jaw disc can take before a dislocation occurs? My right disc became displaced after a very forceful blow to the jaw/face which makes sense due to how severe the impact was, but now I have become increasingly concerned with my good disc..such as how much muscle pulling and now jaw deviating it can handle before I have screwed up both discs. So worried about this and hope the random deviating does not continue to increase but there for a second I thought my jaw was going to get stuck or disclocate...don't need that to happen right now.... Worried.

Misty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply