It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
(female)

Mommakris38 HB User
Re: TMJ replacement surgery

I had a staph infection that was totally covering the implant. They didn't know for sure if it was infected until they went in during surgery. I had swelling that never went completely away after surgery and the pain was still pretty bad. I had the left one done four months earlier so I kind of knew what to expect. The CT scans and MRIs showed fluid but my blood showed no signs of infection so I chose to wait a few months and then re scan. When they re scanned they saw that the screws were coming out of the implant. ( probably, as it turns out, due to the biofilm which is what they call the slippery infection covering the implant). It's was totally covered in it. So, yes...I had a picc line and IV antibiotics for six weeks. The day after I get it out, I left the country on vacation for three weeks!
What's your TMJ story George04

Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #17
(female)

Mommakris38 HB User

I had a staph infection that was totally covering the implant. They didn't know for sure if it was infected until they went in during surgery. I had swelling that never went completely away after surgery and the pain was still pretty bad. I had the left one done four months earlier so I kind of knew what to expect. The CT scans and MRIs showed fluid but my blood showed no signs of infection so I chose to wait a few months and then re scan. When they re scanned they saw that the screws were coming out of the implant. ( probably, as it turns out, due to the biofilm which is what they call the slippery infection covering the implant). It's was totally covered in it. So, yes...I had a picc line and IV antibiotics for six weeks. The day after I get it out, I left the country on vacation for three weeks!
What's your TMJ story George04

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB User

MommaKris - so glad to hear that you are better

George how are you doing?

The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck65 For This Useful Post:
Mommakris38 (05-17-2014)
Reply Reply

Tags
tmj