Possible TMJ. Headaches, Sinus pressure, Facial pain...
Hi there, I'm a 20 yr old student and I've had a really rough ride over the past 3 months.
My pain started December when I suddenly came on with severe one-sided sinus like headache which was extremely painful. After a trip to the Dr. and being told I had cluster headaches due to hormones and then a trip to A&E I was told it was my sinuses. I was referred to ENT Dr. whom said it was inflammation in my head as I've got popping in my left ear and both ears have been ringing for about a year.
She was a poor communicator and checked my ears and hearing which were both fine, and put me on flixonase nasules... which I've now been on for 2 months and the popping and ringing is still there!!! She said It's not my sinuses as she checked with a camera.
My one sided headache went away once I discovered Diclofenac tablets 50mg which saved my life, I took them for 3 weeks and then stopped at christmas. I Didn't have much pain just the odd sensation for about 2/3 weeks untill the past 2 weeks I've now got these symptoms.
- Pressure feeling behind my eye (had them checked and they are healthy)
- Pressure feeling under my eyes sometimes
- Sensations around my eyebrow/sometimes pain like sinus and when bending over I can feel pressure (especially on the left, same side as the headaches and popping is) However I do get them on the right side as well now
- Clicking and popping Jaw (Not all the time but always notice it everyday)
- Sensations and pain on the side of my nose and cheeks which comes and goes
- Stiff neck which clicks sometimes
- Ringing ears and popping/fullness in the left (Which I've had for over a year)
- Occasional pain in my forehead only lasts a few minutes
- Occasional pain in my temples, they feel a little tender in the middle sometimes.
- Twitching left eye and eyebrow (This has calmed down over the past few days)
I've been extremely stressed about this and university fee's, and I am a stressful, anxious person. I do feel run down and tired often.
The dentist said there is signs I grind my teeth at night, however didn't mention TMJ and when I asked her if this could be causing my headaches (I went to her when I was just having headaches and popping jaw) she said come back in 6 weeks if its still there and we'll make you a mouthguard. It seemed like she didnt want to say anything then incase it was something serious and she messed up? The severe headaches have gone for now however I've now got the symptoms above.
Does anybody think this is TMJ or shall I go to my doctor and ask to see a neurologist?
Please someone I need some answers!!!!
Last edited by Jacko1992; 02-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.