It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

gclaec HB Usergclaec HB User
TMJR in 2 weeks

Brief history,
I have Lupus, blood clot disorder celiac and hypothyroid. In 1987 I was a passenger in auto accident and basically had my face reconstructed. After many surgeries I did well. I was told in 1991 I would have to have replacement but because of connective tissue issues it would be very difficult. I pushed as long as I could, last year I had to have 5 teeeth pulled still as a result of accident. When I woke up from procedure I was a mess, jaw was worse then ever before and thats where it started all over again.

Had ct scan and revealed extreme deterioration and absolutely no cartilage. Progressive late stage no chance to repair only replace. Pain has become unbearable and to top it off I get another absess.

I will have total joint on Left and cartlige replaced on right. TmJR will be TMJ concepts by Dr Zhogby in VA. We will have to travel 3 hours to get it done.

I know everyone is different, and my blood clot disorder and Lupus alone causes added difficulty, but what is approximate hospital length. Can you tell there is no bone when they remove it till when you go back for tmj joint to be put in? During the wait for joint is pain worse, does it get better? Can you go out in public or does it look awkward? When they go back in do they use same incision or make a new one?

Sorry my Dr suggested I go to an online support group so I could get information. He is so far away, I only saw him 1 time and the rest was speaking on phone and reviewing records and xrays.

I am so anxious and in pain. between the abcess (which I have taken 4 rounds of antibiotic for) and the jaw I am just miserable and vicodin just doesnt take away the pain in anymore. Pain clinic wont give anything else so I wont build tollerance seriously, I have been on pain med for over a year. I just need some relief. Is there anything that works for this pain?

Thank You all so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply