It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
(male)

hydraulicwave HB User
Tinnitus

Hi,
I woke the other morning with ringing in my right ear. It has continued now for two days.
What's interesting is if I rest my chin on my hand at my desk it stops. Does this mean I have TMJ disorder which is aggravating tinnitus?
Thank you

Old 07-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

Sd123 HB UserSd123 HB User
Re: Tinnitus

Hi...this is basically what happened to me. I was having TMJ pain and one night my ears started ringing. That was 4 months ago and they are still ringing. I have had all kinds of tests and my ears are fine, so it has to be my TMJD. Apparently once the muscles relax and go out of spasm the tinnitus should stop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

Lena-marie HB User

Sd123, when will they go out of spasm then? I am having the worse time w my Tinnitus and my Jaw lately..its Unreal! You have No relief of your T yet? Mine has always been bad from SHL but the last 9 months its been relentless.. and this is when my jaw started acting up so I'm thinking its that..somedays its better but most are bad..its up and down alot. What exactly are your symptoms now?

Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
(female)

Sd123 HB UserSd123 HB User

Hey Lena -

Well, basically, it's constant. It never stops. It's like a buzzing noise in my head, and it's on the right side, but when I plug my ears, I can hear it in my left as well.
My jaw pain has improved greatly in the last five months, but that's a result of frequent physio and massage therapy. I still have soreness, and neck pain, but it's much better than it was a while ago. My jaw muscles are still in spasm tho, and when I bring my teeth together, my teeth chatter because of the spasms.
I have started using a night splint (a nightguard) and it seems to be helping. I've only used it two weeks though, and my doctor said that it should take a couple weeks to take affect. He said that I have to keep coming in for adjustments every two to three weeks. That, and using physio, hopefully I will see the end of this nightmare.

I have gone to the ENT and he told me that my ear and hearing is fine. So it is definitely the TMJD that is causing the tinnitus. It's just a matter of time, I guess. Some people say that it can take up to a year, or even longer.

The following user gives a hug of support to Sd123:
Pegala (08-08-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
(male)

prighello HB User

All my issues started with tinnitus then the jaw stuff came later. Hearing tested fine. Which pointed to a somatic (muscle) cause. I once was on valium for several days and the ringing stopped. Like others have said if your hearing tests fine then it's likely muscular.

Reply Reply