It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Tourette Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

mkmk HB User
Question Could this be adult onset tourettes?

Hi there,

I was wondering if what I've been experiencing could be adult onset tourettes, or if maybe it is something else? I know from my research that tourettes seems to typically begin during childhood, and I'm really not sure how rare adult onset tourettes is. I'm a 23 year old female, and have been experiencing complex vocal tics since around age 22, so for basically the past year. I also suffer from bipolar disorder, OCD, and anxiety disorder (whee! ). The tics are very transient, I don't have them all the time. They're at their worst when I am having a manic episode, or if I am very stressed or sleepy. It's always the same though.... I always know beforehand what I am about to say (it's always random sentences... they make sense, but have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand) and warn whoever I am with at the time, or whoever I am on the phone with (I guess I'm very social because I'm typically not alone) that "I'm about to say something really stupid and random, please just ignore it!" and then the sentence will just spill out of my mouth. They're never relevant... for example if I'm discussing let's say.... what to eat for dinner with my fiancé, I might blurt out "My brother said Tuesday would work just fine!" in the middle of our conversation about food. Needless to say the other person gets one very confused look on their face.

So what do you guys think? Sorry for the length, I didn't mean to ramble.
Thanks for helping!

MK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Could this be adult onset tourettes?

What medicines are being taken?

Closed Thread