It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Tourette Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

parentsof3 HB User
New here & have a 9 yr old daughter & 3 yr old son w/ TS

We are new here and we have 3 children and 2 of them have TS. Our 9 year old daughter began having tics at age 4, and our son is 3 and started having tics about 5 months ago. Our daughter's tics started off with eye blinking, then head twitching, and of course the change from time to time. She has whistled and hummed, opens her mouth wide, raises her eyebrows, and repeats her own words and yours at times.

Our 3 year old we noticed excessively blinking about 5 months ago and we figured he would have TS too, as we were familiar with this tic. He now squeezes his eyes shut hard, shrugs his shoulders and looks to the side at the same time, opens his mouth wide, raises his eyebrows, rolls his eyes back, and the newest most concerning one is that he touches things and has to lick his hand/fingers right away. All of the other tics we can handle, but the hand licking one has us worried obviously about germs and that he will catch something. We haven't had a "diagnosis" from a Neuro yet for him but we know what it is because it runs in my husband's family, and my husband and our 9 year old daughter have it. Our son is also becoming increasingly hyperactive. He is not on any medication yet but we think that we are going to make an appointment with the Neuro now to have him diagnosed as he will be starting pre-k this fall. I'm hoping if not anything else we can at least get the hand licking tic to subside. Does anyone else have a child with that particular tic? Does anyone with a child as young as 3 have them on medication for this?

I have posted on other TS boards but they don't seem to be active.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread