It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Tourette Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

curiousmom1981 HB User
Vitamin supplement treatment for TS?

My daughter is 9 and has been diagnosed with TS. She has a vocal tic (which is minor) then some motor tics and OCD (anxiety part of it). We tried Risperdol per our neurologist and it had horrible side effects. We stopped it immediately. They mentioned Clonidine, however I am scared to use medications now after what we went through with side effects from Risperdol.
I have heard people mention vitamen supplements...magnesium, folic acid, vitamen b, zinc. Has anyone tried anything besides medication that worked to decrease the amount of tics?

Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User
Re: Vitamen supplement treatment for TS?

Vitamins high in antioxidants, such as vitamin E/ C and B complex may help to treat this condition

Patients have also employed prayer- vitamins- massage- dietary supplements- chiropractic care- meditation - changes in diet and/or relaxation techniques.

Last edited by stasis4; 05-23-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
(female)

LindsTics HB User
Re: Vitamen supplement treatment for TS?

Haldol is the only thing that has ever helped my tics and I am 26 years old. I would recommend giving Clonodine or Haldol a try. Haldol works so well for me that people don't even realize I have Tourette's and my tics are considered moderate/severe when unmediated.

Last edited by LindsTics; 07-21-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
(female)

Wendymm HB User
Re: Vitamin supplement treatment for TS?

Clonidine has very few side effects and helps blood pressure. My husband has been on it for 15 years. I helped him tremendously!!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
(male)

Ejm3412 HB User

If you are worried about side effects from using drugs to treat TS and the tics. A very common holistic approach for treating tics and other TS symptoms is to incorporate or change several things in the persons life. For example, changing the diet, adding nutritional supplements, and even changing the home environment can help improve symptoms. A simple allergy or chemical sensitivities can be a culprit and can be a cause for tics to occur.. A have a young cousin that has problems with tics and the simple change of changing clothing detergent helped limit and lower the amount of tics he displays daily...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

do you have a chinese medicine dr. in your area I would look into that. THey have herbs to help w/ things. I am currently seeing one for my chronic fatigue/fibromyagia. Cathy

Closed Thread