It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Tourette Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
(female)

azaleaZinnia HB User
Another symptom... not sure if I may have Tourette's

One symptom I've been dealing with a lot lately is the urge to scream, grunt or say random words loudly in quiet public places. Its like I'm challenging myself. I feel this pressure in my throat like I have to do it. And I know the only way to get rid of it is if I do what I'm thinking.

If I feel the need to grunt, then the pressure won't go away if I clear my throat. Or if I have the feeling to scream, it won't go away by grunting...

I haven't been diagnosed with anything because I haven't seen the neurologist yet. Could this be Tourette's?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Another symptom...not sure if I may have Tourette's

Greetings! Welcome to the tourrette syndrome board! An infection of the throat or other areas of the body can sometimes start nervous system problems. When the neurologist is visited I would request a culture of the throat and any other area of the body which might happen to have any symptom of infection such as redness, pus, a boil, pimple, inflammation, ache, pain or irritation. If infections are caught very early and treated it might prevent further trouble. For this reason an eye ear nose throat physician may be another type of doctor a person might see if a second opinion is desired. Peace sjb

Last edited by sjb; 04-09-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
(male)

Penguinboy55 HB User
Re: Another symptom...not sure if I may have Tourette's

Yes you could have tourettes, at the moment I have an urge to say a specific word over and over. I can control it and not say it but I feel much better after I say it.

Reply Reply