It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Transplants Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

sonza0121 HB User
Lung transplant/vulvar cancer, now cancer in lymph nodes at spine

Hi. I am writing about my mother in law. She is a double lung transplant, which she had done in 2000. It is my understanding that the anti-reject medicine she was taking gave her the vulvar cancer back in December 2005. She fought that with radiation (no chemo) and it appeared to clear up (she also had 21 lymph nodes taken out, 19 of which were cancerous). Then this past January, they found cancer in the lymph nodes in her spine. She has been having radiation and chemo and has lost her hair, etc. She was having such problems with the chemo that she could not keep anything down, so she was hospitalized last week for dehydration. They also told her a few weeks ago that the regime of her chemo/radiation had to be changed, so she was just getting more aggressive treatment. Now, after the hospital stay, they took her off all the anti-reject medicine to give her a chance to heal/get her strength back, and now they are not sure they will resume treatments. I believe her to be in Stage 4, but I really don't know anything about cancer other than what one can read, so does this sound really bad? Help. Not sure how to talk with her right now about everything. Thanks.

Closed Thread